PDA

View Full Version : Network Rendering Animation - Texture Problem

BoBoZoBo
09-15-2006, 04:36 AM
I am trying to render a simple flyby of an island and I am trying to render it using HyperVue.

The problem is that when it is sentind the textures to the satellite systems it give me a error stating that it cannot find the textures for two of the plants (vue plants) I am using.

The end result is that I get black textures on the frames rendered on the RenderCow systems.

Anyone else have this issue? I beleive it is the small palm bushes. it does not happen to any other textures.

IvanB
09-15-2006, 09:29 AM
Hey Bob...

I have had this type of error aswell, however not with plants...When I imported my lightwave objects with uv'd textures (To save as VOB's) I had my textures saved in another folder on another drive, so when rendercow went to send textures to the rest of the farm..it couldn't find them....All I did, was copy the textures to the folder in which I have all my vob's saved...This is also the case for when I download free plants that have textures..I make sure they are in the same folder...I Know this might not help, because you are using vue plants...But this was the case for me, and it might give you an idea of what might be happening...Could this have something to do with you having to reinstall vue at times?..I'm not sure but, maybe vue cant find those textures.
I did a search for the .jpg (texture of the small palm) and found it in
C:\Program Files\e-on software\Vue 5 Infinite\Application\Temp
IvanB.

BoBoZoBo
09-15-2006, 03:59 PM
Possibly, but I dont think it has anything to do with my problem reinstalling Vue. Becuase this happened once before i had that issue. All I had to do was reboot all the rendercows as well as the main system and it was fine, but that wont help here for some reason.

The funny thing is that the island has 3 plant, 1 sky, 1 water texture (from vue), and 3 sand textures that are custom and located on a Lacie Drive.

All the other textures seem to get transferred fine, its just two of the vue plant textures that are a problem.

I did a search for the textures as well and found them in the same location you did, but should i really need to copy those textures to where my other textures are? The other vue textures transfer fine.

BAHHHHH!!!

IvanB
09-16-2006, 02:22 AM
If the textures are where there supposed to be, I would leave them..

Another thing to check..is whats booting up and running in the background of your pc, viruses etc. I use a little program called "win patrol" which alows me to disable a whole heap of stuff that wants to boot and run in the background. this could be something to investigate. I know its a pain in the butt..but I would seriously consider doing a fresh installation..At least that way you can be 100% certain..if it then kept happening you can start looking at your hardware.

CGTalk Moderation
09-16-2006, 02:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.