PDA

View Full Version : Short Film: STARWARSy City

DigitalCrystal
01-29-2003, 08:57 PM
Hey folks,

This is a small project with a very short time span.

THE TASK:
Create a Futuristic City (Coruscant)
-cars
-people
-everything

WHEN:
Next Thursday (Feb 6 2003)

WHY:
This is the "backdrop" for a short film.

WHO:
Anyone is free to help.

HOW:
We are using 3D Studio Max

WHERE:
Over here.

OK, here is the deal. This project has a time limit, because it is going to be the backdrop to a short film, (the big picture) which is due the following week. So-- Here is the deal. I know that a good many of you like to work on starwars related stuff and some of you don't. We are creating a city and have decided that Coruscant is the closest to what we want to make. So, why make it close when you -can- make it, right? So here's the deal. We, my team, are going to make the city regardless, we just wanted to see if anyone wanted to help out with "Operation: Coruscant Build Blitzkrieg"... aka, build a great CG city in less than a week. Now, this IS a call out to anyone who wants to help. There is no pay involved with the execption that your name will be listed in the credits and that your name will be associated with this monsterous video production.

What we need from you:
This city is the background (settings) for the video. We need your help...(we want your help).

The whole reason for offering this is to give you bored CG artists out there something to add to your already busy schedule :) The only difference here is that we need results in 1 week:rolleyes:.

Final words:

:thumbsup:This is a challenge that we are creating for CGTalk's participants and anyone else who wants to get involved. We want to create the best city possible in that amount of time. Let's see what we can do!:thumbsup:

Thanks for your consideration,

Jeremy
www.digitalcrystaldesigns.com

two.oh
02-16-2003, 09:17 PM
hmmm...........kinda sounds like a scandal where the client rips off the artist.......hmmmmmmmmmm

i dont think something like this is even possible in a month btw.......

*thinking*

DigitalCrystal
02-19-2003, 05:18 AM
Actually, you may think of it as you will, but whatever, the time is up and I have completed the work.

Here you are, for you folks out there wondering if this was actually going somewhere...

Sorry about the low quality of the shot, I will upload the higher res shots on my server later...

-Jeremy

www.digitalcrystaldesigns.com

DigitalCrystal
02-19-2003, 05:21 AM
it works if I actually upload it doesn't it? :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.