PDA

View Full Version : Maya and shake for linux ?

ffm76600
09-14-2006, 09:06 PM
Hi everybody !

I would know if some similar application exist (Maya and Shake) for linux and I also search a linux distribution for multimedia uses (3D effects creating). Thanks

Antoine

rendermaniac
09-15-2006, 08:54 AM
I don't quite understand your question? Maya and Shake both run on Linux. As Shake has been end of lined you may want to look at Nuke as well http://www.d2software.com/ .

If you mean open source, then there is nothing that directly compares to Maya or Shake. Blender gets the closest for 3d. I don't think there are any good open source compositing applications.

For distributions most will work, but I think most people use Redhat Fedora Core. You just need to make sure it's got the correct version of glibc.

Simon

playmesumch00ns
09-15-2006, 09:20 AM
Most flavours of linux will run Maya with some configuration. If you're not a sysadmin, I'd advise you to check the exact OS versions that the software you want to run is supported on with the vendor.

CGTalk Moderation
09-15-2006, 09:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.