PDA

View Full Version : Convert to file texture can't anti-alias anymore

allfusion
09-14-2006, 08:40 PM
i've been creat a simple poly cube with a simple point light in my scene, just want to learn how to use "convert to file texture" basically.

when both X&Y resolution set to some higher number like 2048 or even higher, i will not allow to use the anti-alias option anymore, i mean i still can check the anti-alias on, but i cant convert it. and if i turn off the anti-alias, it runs.

and both the resolution set to 1024 with anti-alias turn on, it convert very well.

can anybody tell me how to convert with higher resolution and keep the anti-alias ability?

demdike
08-29-2007, 04:37 PM
Unfortunately,

there is no option at the moment to perform antialiasing while using resolutions higher than the default 1024x1024. One possibility could be to convert your texture at a resolution twice as large as intended and then downsize it in photoshop, with bicubic smoother turned on...

CGTalk Moderation
08-29-2007, 04:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.