PDA

View Full Version : ploting deformation

themick_g
09-14-2006, 01:24 PM
hi,
Does anybody know if there s a way to plot a deformation of an object on a point basis, that is driven by another object? Let's say I ve got a curve deforming an object.Is it possible to 'bake' this deformation of the object , and then delete the deforming curve?
thx
Mick

jason-slab
09-14-2006, 02:39 PM
have u tried to plot>shape? then del the curve

js

themick_g
09-14-2006, 03:17 PM
yep, doesnt work here.I also did a simple test.poly-cylinder , two bones.I animated the effector a few frames.then I selected the cylinder and went 'plot-shape'. a clip was added to the mixer, and a shpe/cluster shape combiner in my cylinder, but when you mute the envelope operator, or even delete it , the shape of the cylinder doesnt change, even with the new shape-clip in the mixer.
Same with a curve. I drew a curve, did two shape keys.I moved the shapes a few times into the mixer.Then I did transisions between them.Then I extruded a poly in one axix.Now it looked like an animated sheet of paper. when I select the 'sheet', and go -plot shape-
same thing as above.If you delete the curve , or freeze the modling stack ,the animation is gone, though you have a shape under clusters and a cluste shape combiner, and even a shapeclip in the mixer.....
:(
help!

themick_g
09-14-2006, 03:23 PM
ok , got it , if you want to plot other sections of the stack than shape-modling, you have to turn on
shape content -all
thx for help
mick

CGTalk Moderation
09-14-2006, 03:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.