PDA

View Full Version : Heart Beat Help Please!!!

darkdreams
09-14-2006, 08:44 AM
Hi, Can someone tell me how can I animate in a realistic and good looking way a Heart beat?
Or if someone knows a good tutorial about that, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

HannesJ
09-14-2006, 01:35 PM
Create some Morphtargets of your heart model. It shouldn't be too difficult.

mackdadd
09-15-2006, 01:28 AM
if you wanna do it really quick and dirty, just through a push modifier or spherify modifier on your model, and animate the value. just from 0 to 5 or some small amount. if you go too high, it'll mess up your model. but its quick and easy!

darkdreams
09-19-2006, 10:32 PM
Wow!!! You save my life!!!

Thnks!!! :thumbsup:

Jon-Huhn
10-02-2006, 04:40 PM
Just a quick note for ya.

I've done this before (I do medical animation), and although I'm NOT an expert of heart anatomy or function, from the reference material I gleaned off the web I learned that different parts of the heart beat at different times (thus the "ba-bum" sound). So if you're looking for accuracy, definately do some research, maybe even get a video of an animated xray of a beating heart.

EnlightenedPixel
10-02-2006, 04:58 PM
Just a quick note for ya.

I've done this before (I do medical animation), and although I'm NOT an expert of heart anatomy or function, from the reference material I gleaned off the web I learned that different parts of the heart beat at different times (thus the "ba-bum" sound). So if you're looking for accuracy, definately do some research, maybe even get a video of an animated xray of a beating heart.

Precicely why if he was going for acuracy he should use morph targets and keep in mind the heart is made up of 4 sections, all beating in order like the pistons in a car engine.

darkdreams
10-02-2006, 05:58 PM
I made the heart beat with a spherify like someone here suggest, and yes, the problem is that the heart beat in 2 times, but i don't know about the morph targets, so, can someone give me a fast guide about it? :shrug:

CGTalk Moderation
10-02-2006, 05:58 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.