PDA

View Full Version : JPEGs from MAC to PC - HELP!!

MVP
01-29-2003, 11:27 AM
I have created numerous jpg images in Photoshop on my Mac iBook. I have burnt these onto disk thinking that a PC would open then no problem.
However, on my PC I get a message when clicking on any of these images saying the file structure is incorrect?! I don't have Photoshop on my PCbut I thought I'd be able to see them in Explorer like any other jpg.
Is there something I have to do to my jpg's before a PC can read them??

Gyan
01-29-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by MVP
[B]However, on my PC I get a message when clicking on any of these images saying the file structure is incorrect?

On Apple, you are probably using the QuickTime's JPEG writer.

Install Quicktime on PC and open it using that.

mushroomgod
01-29-2003, 06:41 PM
silly question but....... have you put .jpg at the end of the files?

dzogchen
01-31-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by mushroomgod
silly question but....... have you put .jpg at the end of the files?

Not a silly question at all. PC can't read Mac files without a valid extension mostly.

jonestation
02-02-2003, 12:52 PM
mushroomgod is right, you will need to put the extension at the end of the file when you save it. This problem remind me of the time I have to work with Photoshop in Mac and export to PC for the programmer.

dvornik
02-03-2003, 12:23 AM
How about just dragging them into the IE window? Should work. Or copy to harddrive and rename blah.jpg.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.