PDA

View Full Version : Constraints

Chris Olsen
03-18-2002, 03:37 AM
This may be a silly question, but does Lightwave have constraints? In my previous post I mentioned that I have been using Animation Master for the last couple of years, but am thinking of getting Lightwave as well. I just bought "Inside Lightwave 7", but nowhere can I find anything dealing with constraints.

So how do you people say get your character to pick something up. You don't have to have one object previously linked to the hand at initially set to invisible and then at a certain point make the first object visible and the other one invisible do you?

One more thing that I couldn't find any info on is "poses". can you easily make sliders that control, for example, Left_Hand_Close.

jereader
03-18-2002, 04:13 AM
For the constraints, there are dynamic parenting plugins available, check http://www.flay.com/ to find them. And as for setting poses, there's a plugin called sliderbox that lets you do that, and with lw7, there's the motion mixer which has some of the functionality of the choreographer in A:M.

hope that helps some...

:lightbulb

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.