PDA

View Full Version : Photometric Problems

kriscabrera
09-13-2006, 06:04 AM
whats up guys i am currently using 3dmax8 with v-ray i have an indoor scene that i am working on but for some weird reason my phtotometric lights do not work in the scene but every other light works. Whats even more weird is that i tested another simple scene to see if the photometric lights worked with no ies and it does work so i think it has something to do with my scene maybe you guys could help me out

thanks

pokoy
09-13-2006, 07:48 AM
maybe your max units are set to something really tiny, and the lights (as they emit physically correct) are visible only with huge values. set your units (isystem AND display units) to meters or inches, avoid setting them to generic units.
another reason could be that you have (the wrong) exposure control enabled, have a look at vray tutorials or threads on their forum to find out which one works best.

Maven
09-13-2006, 11:07 PM
the problem is with Vray and photometric lights. what you need to do is up the mulitplier by ALOT and do some test renders until you get what you are looking for.

and as mentioned above your units most be real.

kriscabrera
09-14-2006, 12:19 AM
Yeah i had to up the multiplyer alot that really weird but it works thanks for your help guys!

Maven
09-14-2006, 12:30 AM
Yeah, it is wierd and I hope it's fixed in 1.5.

kriscabrera
09-14-2006, 01:05 AM
well wait a minute, i have 1.50.06 and heres the thing, if i just creat a simple scene such as a box with a photometric Free point, default light setting it renders perfect and the light is visible, but only in my specific scene is were the light wont render unless the multiplyer is really high so i am guessing it has something to do with my scene, but my scene consist of a 4 wall bathroom, i am trying to figure out what it can be since my scene is almost simple.

kriscabrera
09-14-2006, 01:39 AM
AHHHH..... i think i found another problem, for some reason v-ray doesnt like photometric and v-ray shadows it doesnt render not even if u up the multiplyer, i guess it depends on which type of shadows you are using.

reflexdave
09-17-2006, 01:23 PM
What's your unit setup?

As for the Vray Shadows thing, photometric lights have no issue with Vray Shadows, at least none that I ever encountered.

CGTalk Moderation
09-17-2006, 01:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.