PDA

View Full Version : Full Load Humpy Dumpy, Khangle81 (2D)

khangle81
01-29-2003, 09:10 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/26264/khangle81_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/26264/khangle81.jpg)

Hey all, I just found out about this site through a friend (thanks Alp!) . Here are some new and old stuff. Enjoy :)

http://www.khangle.net/Entertainment/P_WashingJunk.jpg
http://www.khangle.net/Entertainment/P_Arrived.jpg
http://www.khangle.net/Entertainment/S_CastleRoadSide.jpg

Creepstown
01-29-2003, 10:10 AM
Hey there! You've got some cool stuff for a first post. My fav is the second link with the cityscape. Some damn cool imagery and design there. And lets not forget the girl in the first pic with the neon heart on her back. Very good stuff.
Hope you post more soon!

Display
01-29-2003, 12:41 PM
UAU!!!

Those are reaaaly awsome...........keep on:buttrock:

Zukum
01-29-2003, 02:42 PM
Very, very nice. Welcome :thumbsup:

mickatt
01-29-2003, 04:06 PM
very very nice work :eek: :eek:
and your website is nice too !!!!

PsychedelicMind
01-29-2003, 04:37 PM
Excellent Work! :thumbsup: Have seen your work before and it's impressive! :D Sure hope you'll have a good time here at cgtalk!

Irie
01-29-2003, 04:40 PM
are you braderunna?

heh.

nice work

mv
01-29-2003, 04:54 PM
That's great! love your style... very moody!

jussing
01-29-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Irie
are you braderunna?
Hah! Tell him I'm eating... ;)

Anyway, suuuuuupermoody pictures there, Khangle! :thumbsup:

Cheers,
- jonas

cuse
01-29-2003, 05:05 PM
very nice work... (nice ass on the gurl :))

...WELCOME...

:beer:

any more to show us>?

:scream: :surprised :D

cuse

Kirt
01-29-2003, 05:07 PM
Wow! I just spent the last hour reviewing your website on my horrid dialup internet connection. Very nice stuff indeed!

Good luck at Lucasfilms or Dreamworks ... with a portfolio like that I can't imagine you working anywhere else. :thumbsup:

Tommy Lee
01-29-2003, 05:41 PM
Great work man:eek: :thumbsup:

Ive also to agree with Kirt and welcome to the board!!!!!:wavey:

Yes, and show us more....

Cheerz:beer:

Tommy Lee

RockinAkin
01-29-2003, 05:50 PM
Awesome work!
Any info on how you made them?

Anyways, welcome to the site.
Be sure to show us more!

-DivideByZero-

Projectkmo
01-29-2003, 06:03 PM
Looks like some Painter Action in there....I just went through everyone of those images at that link... Very nice stuff...I feel like I super suck compared to such great work... lol.

Aesome!

Sygnus
01-29-2003, 06:14 PM
:applause: Fantastic work indeed.

I too would love to know what you used to do that!

Per-Anders
01-29-2003, 06:39 PM
great color, lighting and atmosphere. it reminds me of the mattes in those old lucasarts adventure games. really nice.:thumbsup:

KOryH
01-29-2003, 08:26 PM
Hey Khang,
Great stuff!
I do have to admit that I am extremely jealous of your Art Center Education. When I left ACCD in '96 we had absolutely no digital exposure or access. Even if we wanted it! As for learning from such great entertainment guys such as Ryan, NO WAY. But I can draw naked figure pretty well and I think I have a good sense of composition and color.
Any way enough about me!
Fantastic work!

Dominique
01-29-2003, 08:35 PM

lovely work,

peanut
01-29-2003, 08:52 PM

great brush, im a fan .... really

Ocean Size
01-29-2003, 09:07 PM
This is great stuff,

I love the style of the scene, and the light is done so well, wow, you have skillz!!!

Look forward to seeing more.

:eek: :applause: :thumbsup:

urgaffel
01-29-2003, 10:46 PM
http://www.khangle.net/Entertainment/P_Arrived.jpg <-that one is just awesome. Makes me want to model it. Good stuff!

flamedevil
01-29-2003, 11:02 PM
That are AWESOME pieces of art !!
It's just incredible .
How long did you take to make them ?

:thumbsup: :eek: :thumbsup:

akewt
01-30-2003, 12:08 AM
i aint gto time to read the other replies im far too busy looking thru ur AMAZING work.

you are truly an amzing artist and your work shows the dedication, motivation and enthusiasum that you obviously have for your work. that or u spend hours at ur drawing board slaving away for big producers completing work ur never happy with and wish you could for once finish a piece the way you want to.

hope that entertained you. yuo've inspired me no end. thx dude

akewt
01-30-2003, 12:21 AM
wow, i have to post again. just been going thru your life drawing. very good indeed, i like ur style. and now ive just seen the downloads with ur painting procees. i looking forward to this!!! thx for sharing ur work ;)

Kyle
01-30-2003, 01:10 AM
the mood of this is great. Or not so great.

singularity2006
01-30-2003, 04:29 AM
holy shizat... ::mouth drops wide open::

art7sayan
01-30-2003, 04:51 AM
:applause:

I think Doug Chiang is on trouble now! :D U got some impressive stuff on your website Kang and I hope we will learn more about your paintin' method here!

:thumbsup:

-Arty-

Sleepless
01-30-2003, 05:11 AM
Thumbs way up. That sci fi city scene has been on my desktop for awhile now. I love how it receds into the background. Killer stuff all around.
:applause:

PascalR
01-30-2003, 06:10 AM
Fantastic work :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

zegritch

http://www.3dluvr.com/pascalr

Lunatique
01-30-2003, 06:14 AM
Man, you rock hard. Your loose brush work and color variations are just...wow.

singularity2006
01-30-2003, 06:30 AM
it's got this crazy blade runner look to it... wowowowowow.... :beer:

Peter Johansson
01-30-2003, 08:39 AM
Wow, you got some maaad skills.
Welcome aboard.

khangle81
01-30-2003, 09:30 AM
Thanks for all the nice words from everyone and the time you guys took for the replies. I had a lot of fun reading through them Me and some friends are going to the APE independent comicbook convention in San Francisco on Saturday and Sunday. We're gonna have our own little table to sell random junks (mini comic books, some of my painting prints, post cards...) So if you're in the area, come and hang out with us
<http://www.comic-con.org/pages/APE2003.html>

Here are some replies to your replies :

Creeptown

Welcome
Hey there! You've got some cool stuff for a first post. My fav is the second link with the cityscape. Some damn cool imagery and design there. And lets not forget the girl in the first pic with the neon heart on her back. Very good stuff.
Hope you post more soon!

-thanks, I had fun doing it

Display
Those are reaaaly awsome...........keep on

-Thanks

Zukum
Very, very nice. Welcome

-Thanks, cool site...I'm glad there is a large community of artists out there.

mickatt
very very nice work
and your website is nice too !!!!

-Thanks,

PsychedelicMind
Excellent Work! Have seen your work before and it's impressive! Sure hope you'll have a good time here at cgtalk!

- Thanks it was a blast reading through everyone comments

Irie
are you braderunna?

heh.
nice work

-hehehe...hehehe..heh

jussing
Hah! Tell him I'm eating...

Anyway, suuuuuupermoody pictures there, Khangle!

Cheers,
- jonas

-thanks....hehehe...I feel like such a nerd for knowing that quote

cuse
very nice work... (nice ass on the gurl )

..WELCOME...

any more to show us>?

- Thanks, I had a good time rendering "them"

Kirt
Wow! I just spent the last hour reviewing your website on my horrid dialup internet connection. Very nice stuff indeed!

Good luck at Lucasfilms or Dreamworks ... with a portfolio like that I can't imagine you working anywhere else.

-Thanks, dialup huh...I'm sorry that all my stuff are so large. I always get annoy when other artists post tiny images but in your case its probably the opposite

Tommy Lee
Great work man

Ive also to agree with Kirt and welcome to the board!!!!!

Yes, and show us more....

Cheerz

-Cheerz!!!

DivideByZero

Awesome work!
Any info on how you made them?
Anyways, welcome to the site.
Be sure to show us more!

-I'm planning to have a tutorial up on my site and all my painter 6 brushes for download so just check back once in a while.

Projectkmo
Looks like some Painter Action in there....I just went through everyone of those images at that link... Very nice stuff...I feel like I super suck compared to such great work... lol.

Aesome!

-Thanks I feel super suck compare to some of the artists out there...its how you get better and as long as you're having fun, you're not wasting time

-cool quotes! I have the same one one my site

Sygnus
Fantastic work indeed.

I too would love to know what you used to do that!

-Thanks, I use painter 6

mdme_sadie
great color, lighting and atmosphere. it reminds me of the mattes in those old lucasarts adventure games. really nice.

-Cool, I love the old Lucasart games like Full Throttle and The Dig

KOryH
Hey Khang,
Great stuff!
I do have to admit that I am extremely jealous of your Art Center Education. When I left ACCD in '96 we had absolutely no digital exposure or access. Even if we wanted it! As for learning from such great entertainment guys such as Ryan, NO WAY. But I can draw naked figure pretty well and I think I have a good sense of composition and color.
Any way enough about me!
Fantastic work!

-Wow, an alumni in the house! Entertaiment track is only a recent thing at Art Center thanks to some of my friends who pushed the school board. We now have some awesome classes by amazing teachers. But if you're inspire enough, you can learn everything on your own. I've seen some amazing self taught guys portfolio before.

Dominique
lovely work,

-thanks

peanut
great brush, im a fan .... really

-Cool! A fan....awesome

Ocean Size
Awesome work
This is great stuff,

I love the style of the scene, and the light is done so well, wow, you have skillz!!!

Look forward to seeing more.

-I'm gonna post some more stuff soon...maybe spaceships and robots concepts.

urgaffel
http://www.khangle.net/Entertainment/P_Arrived.jpg <-that one is just awesome. Makes me want to model it. Good stuff!

- thanks...please send me a pic or video if you do...I would love to see that city comes to life.

flamedevil
That are AWESOME pieces of art !!
It's just incredible .
How long did you take to make them ?

- it usually takes me around 6-8 hours per final painting but the cityscape took 11 hours...don't worry about speed. That'll come with repitition.

akewt
i aint gto time to read the other replies im far too busy looking thru ur AMAZING work.

you are truly an amzing artist and your work shows the dedication, motivation and enthusiasum that you obviously have for your work. that or u spend hours at ur drawing board slaving away for big producers completing work ur never happy with and wish you could for once finish a piece the way you want to.

hope that entertained you. yuo've inspired me no end. thx dude

-hehehe...I'm still in school so I'm only slaving away for friends and professors right now. I'm planning to freelance and live in Hawaii and ride around on my moped and snorkel then paint seascape and do that again everyday! But first I have to pay off all my school loans :(

akewt
wow, i have to post again. just been going thru your life drawing. very good indeed, i like ur style. and now ive just seen the downloads with ur painting procees. i looking forward to this!!! thx for sharing ur work

-thanks again

Kyle
the mood of this is great. Or not so great.

-thanks or not

Veteran
holy shizat... ::mouth drops wide open::

-hehe...I'm flatter

art7sayan
I think Doug Chiang is on trouble now! U got some impressive stuff on your website Kang and I hope we will learn more about your paintin' method here!

-I recently had the chance to visit the Ranch and Ryan Church showed me where Doug Chiang table used to be. He have a wall of shame for his sketches and it looks better than the wall of fame for most. Bow down to master Chiang!!!

Sleepless
Thumbs way up. That sci fi city scene has been on my desktop for awhile now. I love how it receds into the background. Killer stuff all around.

-I feel the love

zegritch
Fantastic work

Lunatique
Man, you rock hard. Your loose brush work and color variations are just...wow.

-rock hard eh...that sounds kinda nasty

singularity2006
it's got this crazy blade runner look to it... wowowowowow....

-Bladerunner is the only movie poster I own. I must have play that movie over 30X already, I should probably get another DVD before this one gets scratches.

Peter Johansson
Wow, you got some maaad skills.
Welcome aboard.

-Thanks for the overwhelming welcome :)

lildragon
01-30-2003, 11:43 AM
I had a very extensive look at this piece, and all I have to say is that its marvelous! You captured the scene so bloody well, I love the mood, especially the lighting and the subject matter. Incredible work! And I seem to say this more often now, what a way to introduce yourself to the forum! :)

You have received the CGtalk choice award . Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! very inspiring work!

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame (http://gallery.cgtalk.com) - which you are now placed

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/award_jan_2003.jpg

P.S. if you need a different background, please send me a PM with the RGB values.

salud

SecseanZ
01-30-2003, 12:15 PM
Awesome! that is something I have been waiting to see!

rickycox
01-30-2003, 12:39 PM
Hey khangle81 welcome aboard CGTalk, wow you got featured on the splash after your first post, nice one. I was looking at you pix and thinking Damn, I recognise that style. Then realised that I spent an hour looking at your site last night after I saw it linked up in the elite section of http://www.gfxartist.com/

Doing well, best riki

platypus
01-30-2003, 03:25 PM
damn!

those are some beautiful paintings, man!

the one that you posted, and the first two links look like they should be in a graphic novel version of some William Gibon novel.

too cool!!!

:xtreme:

platypus
01-30-2003, 03:29 PM
ps - I love the crisp, c;ean design of your website too. very nice.

gmoran
01-30-2003, 06:50 PM
Awsome work!

You could definately get soem decent work as a matte/backdrop artist for film studios etc...

DEFINATELY keep posting more of your work. I haven't looked at your main site yet, but I intend to shortly.

Cheers!

Mihasus
01-31-2003, 10:29 AM
OMG!!! This is fantastic!!!!!!! :buttrock: :bounce: :applause: :beer: :thumbsup: :wip:

Norante
01-31-2003, 01:01 PM
I envy you.. man..

Awesome. Really.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.