PDA

View Full Version : dstorm plugin issues

jereader
03-18-2002, 01:11 AM
I've tried to use the Add edges plugin as well as the magic bevel plugin for LW7 (from Dstorm, i think...) and whenever I try to start them, I get an error message stating "This plugin works on LW7.0 or later" followed by one saying "custom operation failed to start". These should work since i'm using LW7, right? Any suggestions?

CIM
03-18-2002, 02:31 AM
Well, make sure you have the latest version of Lightwave--which is 7b (for a little longer). You should already have Lightwave 7b, that is, unless you are using warez and can't find the latest or whatever. Other then you having an old version, it should work.

However, the Edge Tool plugin is somewhat buggy. It crashes Modeler pretty frequently. I sure hope they iron out the bugs soon; it's a great plugin.

Mattoo
03-18-2002, 05:47 PM
I've never had a crash with Edgetools, I've used it a hell of a lot since it was released and I've had nothing but joy.

Just a shame it doesn't work with symetry, but I can live with that :)

Mike RB
03-18-2002, 06:11 PM
http://www.hoops.livedoor.com/~f_ichikawa/

grab xy drift from there... should take care of your power coupling needs.

Mike

Mattoo
03-18-2002, 06:24 PM
Errrr..... Mike, I think you've posted that in the wrong thread?

Tudor
03-18-2002, 07:01 PM
Edgetool crashes less if make sure that you only have one layer selected, and have no points attached to 0 polygons..
That works for me atleast..

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.