PDA

View Full Version : selling models on sites

therealdeal20
09-12-2006, 01:31 AM
Does anyone know anything about this is it usually pretty good or how well can u do. does anyone recomment it

hudgda75
09-12-2006, 07:25 PM
I don't know very much about it. I do know that there are a couple of places thate get some pretty good traffic, but they are really only oriented to the use of Bryce and Poser. From what I have read in there merchant agreements, that they take pretty sizeable precentages of the profit.

There is also Turbosquid, no idea how well selling goes there. Prices seem to be all over the map. For example, I have seen something as mundane as a baseball model go for anywhere from $20 to $80.

If you are willing to do work for the Poser level group, you might be able to pay the bills. But it kinda depends on the quality and desireableity of your work - not fogeting to find a price point where you can get reasonable returns for your effort and still move product. I think the two best (and I mean highest traffic sites) places to check into for the poser level stuff are www.daz3d.com and www.renderostity.com

Good luck on your selling.

frothlord
09-12-2006, 08:18 PM
I believe Turbosquid is free to advertise, but upon sale they take half payment. Thats why things there tend to get pricy. I may be wrong on it being turbosquid that does this though, I remember looking into it a year or 2 ago.

One thing I would like to add is compatability. I noticed some models come in multiple formats. May be able to adjust your price up on something like that.

CGTalk Moderation
09-12-2006, 08:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.