PDA

View Full Version : quality of blurred reflections

scoobyboy
09-11-2006, 11:16 PM
can anyone tell me how to change the quality of the blurred reflection, mine are too grainy and I just want it smooth. changing to final render helps but the grain is still present , the must be a paremeter some where. please help

IvanB
09-12-2006, 08:50 AM
Hi there...

From my understanding, there are a few options..Up the anti-aliasing and increase the number of passes ("Blur rendering Options" found when you click the edit button for depth of field) ..Keep in mind the render times are going to increase..make sure you check "Blurred reflection" (I guess you would have done that already)..Another option that MIGHT help is to try "Tile rendering" it may improve the grainyness..it will take abit longer to render..All these option are found in the "Render Options" tab.
To be able to use the presets..(Final etc), and enable the other option mentioned..click user settings and load the preset you want..final etc...check image.
Hope its helped.

CGTalk Moderation
09-12-2006, 08:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.