PDA

View Full Version : Newb Texture Artist seeking advice!

Deliverer
09-11-2006, 05:19 PM
How are all of you reading this post. Im in school right now for Game Design, and the area the just toots my horn, is texturing. Last few months I have been just sucking up all the knowledge I can find. The question I have for all of you, is... can you use a program such as Body Paint or Deep Paint, in conjunction with game engines? I paint actual sculptures and models, so when I heard of these programs, I felt it being more of my kind of style. But one of my instructors does not know if they can be used in game engines. Im learning all I can about photoshop for texturing at the moment, but was curious as to whether or not this is something worth looking into further..or leaving for personal modeling projects. Thank you in advance for the answer to the question from those that reply.

dnorth
09-11-2006, 08:41 PM
Yes, you can definitely use Body Paint or Deep Paint to texture game models. Basically any app where the end product is an image file will work fine. Lots of people paint their textures in Photoshop and then use Body Paint (or one of the others) to clean up the seams.

Matroskin
09-11-2006, 10:44 PM
it doesn`t have to be used in conjunction with game engines - all that game engine needs is uvw data and image file to use as texture. BodyPaint or Photoshop or any other app is just a tool for getting ur work to look right. Then game engine just "eats" final result which is image and 3d model.
So don`t worry.

and reagrding a question "how r all of u reading this post" I can only say "from left to right letter by letter" :)

Deliverer
09-12-2006, 04:11 AM
/doh, forgot the question mark. Lol. Thank you very much for the input, it definately makes me feel a lot better, and very interested to purchase one or the either....now...any recommendations on which would be better to use? Thanks again to all who reply.

CGTalk Moderation
09-12-2006, 04:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.