PDA

View Full Version : crimson-w.i.p

veedubb
09-11-2006, 04:06 PM
heres a character i've been working on a few weeks for school. i am currnetly working in maya but will be normal mapping him with zbrush as soon as i'm finished w/ low res. i threw in my concept work and a few progress pics. what do ya think?

veedubb
09-11-2006, 04:09 PM
update for yall

psychojohno
09-11-2006, 09:25 PM
Looks good to me! Maybe you should give us an idea of what his role is and tell a little more about the story behind him so we can crit better. But he is very interesting

HellBoy
09-11-2006, 09:45 PM
I'm digging the boots man :D

love him

veedubb
09-12-2006, 12:21 AM
thanks for the comments. the story behind crimson is that he once was a nazi general in world war one. after he was dismembered from an explosion he was found and peiced together with human and robotic parts to reign chaos in hitlers name. he was then inducted in some sort of special forces unit as an assassin. not long after, he decided to turn the tables on the evil association he was with and to slay everybody in it. he hated the nazis for not letting him die, it basically drove him crazy to think that he was immortal. he then hunted down every remaining nazi and fascist he could find until satisfied.(working story)

veedubb
09-12-2006, 02:34 AM
a lil update, i think i solved the strap problem by extuding inward to make them look less tubular

utchamp
09-12-2006, 07:46 PM
It looks pretty cool.... kinda like a more violent m bison from street fighter.!

I like the model so far and it would be cool if you made a super strong metal hand that can crush rocks or something.

How does the mtal jaw work?? maybe a super close of the teeth and stuff. By how does it work i mean like will it open and close like a normal jaw or will it be just a covering so you cant really see the havoc that was wreaked on him.???

He would look cool with a monster crescent blade.

veedubb
09-15-2006, 02:16 AM
ok! finally done modeling, will be texturing now and then displacement. crits are still appreciated as always, and i showed a close up of the jaw for ya utchamp, and i really like the idea of an iron fist but don't have time right now for it but will definately do that later. but thanks for the crit

CGTalk Moderation
09-15-2006, 02:16 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.