PDA

View Full Version : Cache-ing a PFX Hair system over a network!?

Domo_Digital
09-11-2006, 07:13 AM
OKay...heres my problem....

1. Im working on a Mac, which already Ive come across problems that only occur when using Maya on a Mac...so this could be a Mac specific problem.

First let me say. I have set my project. And it is on the network, particle caches are saving properly in the right directory.

I have Cached my PFX hair system, and it works to scrub back and forth just fine. I can even save, quit Maya, and re-open the scene and it still works fine...BUT!!!

When I open the same file on another machine the Cache is gone. There are no "save cache locally" options to uncheck, and it does save the cache into the project folder Ive set.....but it doesnt actually seem to be using the cache.

Other people have told me they've chached hair systems just fine, until I say..a PFX hair system....and they respond...no, just dynamic curves.

Has anyone ever run into this? and knows how to solve it?
I need to Render on a Farm, but I cant get my cache to actually work anywhere but locally...even though my project is set on the network.

CGTalk Moderation
09-11-2006, 07:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.