PDA

View Full Version : Flash & 3d. Which program?

Odrakir
01-28-2003, 11:42 PM
Hi, I've been using Lightwave for about 2 years now, at work and as a hobby. Now I'm going to start to work with a friend of mine as a web developer. He knows flash very well and I'm going to be working on the graphical part of the work.

My question is wich software is good for creating 3d animations and interfaces?. I love Lightwave, and I know there are plugins to export Lightwave objects to shockwave or flash, but Lightwave's price may be a little too expensive for the use we will give to it, what do you think?

Thanks, sorry for my english

dg
01-29-2003, 04:15 AM
Light Wave is great, but if the problem is the price you must think in what you wanna do in 3D with this new software, there are several low end solutions like Strata, Universe, Carrara but man LightWave is so much better try not to change and use it with Swift3D LW for shockwave flash is great.

The only problem with some of them I belive is the swf integration, because good raster renderes are only avalible to mid to high end 3d softs like LW, Max, Maya, XSI and so on.

Sorry for my terrible english and for not helping you as much I desire.

See Ya!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.