PDA

View Full Version : Races of Middle Earth - Character - Jaidek

Jaidek
01-28-2003, 11:33 PM
Hey Guys!

Getting a little late start on this challenge, but better late then never! I really liked the topic of this months challenge, and wanted to participate. I wanted to come up with a race that was unique and noble. So I present to you the Rúmarë Tribe of Weather Hills. These rabbit-like creatures, that slightly resemble our Jackalope :D, stand around 4 feet high. Only the males have antlers. They live in great cities underneath the ground connected by an intricate tunnel system. Their primary focus is growing crops, so they rely on other races for minerals, ore and armor. On the battlefield their great speed, sharp sense of hearing/smell and ability to jump upwards of 30 feet make them a strong adversary. However, only in large numbers are they strong. The primary weapons of the Rúmarë are spears, knives and archery.

Well, that’s about it for the meantime. I plan on designing some armor for him, but I am focusing on getting the character started first. I hope you like my entry, I will begin modeling shortly and post regularly!

zeroeefx
01-29-2003, 02:56 AM
can't wait to see it modeled, rabit are deadly ....:buttrock: :buttrock:

JDex
01-29-2003, 03:27 AM
Great idea... I know I've seen a jackalope somewhere before?

Good luck...

Jaidek
01-29-2003, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the replies! JDex, glad to see you survived a jackalope spotting, consider yourself fortunate! Most don't live to tell the tale!:D Well, here is an update. Started to flesh out the face today, still lots of details to add. Let me know what you think!

Jaidek
01-29-2003, 07:17 PM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaidek
01-30-2003, 05:04 PM
Hey Guys!

Here is a small update. I had some time to add some additional detail/tweaks to the face. Started working on the body last night and here is the result. I have some free time today so I am gonna finish roughing out the body. I would love to hear what you think!

Jaidek
01-30-2003, 05:06 PM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaidek
01-31-2003, 02:42 AM
Hey All,

Here is a small update. I got a chance to work on the body a bit, but didn't get as far as I would have liked. Still in the "roughing-out" state, but coming along. I am going to start adding some more muscle tone (but not too defined) to the model as well. Please let me know what you think so far!

Thanks!

Jaidek
02-03-2003, 07:47 PM

CGSisdead
02-03-2003, 09:19 PM
cool creature:)
are you going to use fur on this one ?

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.