PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Painting Weights.

SyphinXero
09-10-2006, 10:01 AM
Just having a simple problem. I would like to get the view so I can see what parts of the model are painted what. So in order to do that I select the bone with the pick tool or click on it in the deformers menu. After that I select the model then click on the little pallete icon.

This is when my problem arises. When I do this my model turns black and the brush appears. Anyone have a similar problem or know what I am doing wrong? Thanks.

bravmm
09-10-2006, 11:42 AM
did you already skinned the model to the bones?? If so, you should see a coloured mesh corresponding to the bones. From there you can select individual bones and from withing the paint tool (re)paint weights.

Not enitrely sure what you're steps are so far.

rob

SyphinXero
09-11-2006, 03:15 AM
yea the envelope is done. I named every bone... now select the object go to the weight tab and pick my bone i want to effect. After I select the little pallete icon to start paintigns and i do not see a weighted map for some weird reason. It's just black.

misterdi
09-11-2006, 04:10 AM
Maybe you have several weightmap properties in your object, select the correct weightmap from explorer. It's under the Clusters "EnvelopWeightCls", select "Envelope_Weights"

See whether you can show the envelope weightmap.

Regards,

SyphinXero
09-19-2006, 07:46 AM
Sry to bring up this dead post but I just found the soulutionto my problem about a week ago. Press CNrtl+W and it brings up the weightmap props and which weight map to choose. Along the lines of what the poster above said.

CGTalk Moderation
09-19-2006, 07:46 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.