PDA

View Full Version : Spawning a bunch of pre-positioned mesh objects as a particle

maxgamer
09-10-2006, 07:39 AM
I hope that I can explain this properly.

I am trying to treat a bunch of pre-positioned mesh objects in my scene as particles.

Basically, I have a scene of a city block and I have broken this city scene into thousands of mesh elements. What I want to do is create a particle flow event where a particle gets spawned and each individual particle is then attached to the center of each on of these city mesh elements (each mesh element is then linked to the particle). I then want to do some nifty things in PFlow to blow around the city scene to dissamble it in a very creative way.

Does this make sense and is it possible.

Thanks

Paul

PsychoSilence
09-12-2006, 10:17 AM
try this script:

on ChannelsUsed pCont do
(
pCont.useAge = true
pCont.useTM = true
pCont.useShape = true
)

on Init pCont do
(
global ChunksArray = $your object_* as array
)

on Proceed pCont do
(
t = pCont.getTimeStart() as float

if t < 0 do
(
NumChunks = ChunksArray.count
for i = 1 to NumChunks do
(
pCont.AddParticle()
pCont.particleIndex = pCont.NumParticles()
pCont.particleAge = 0
pCont.particleTM = ChunksArray[i].transform
pCont.particleShape = ChunksArray[i].mesh
)
)
)

on Release pCont do
(

)

or if your city is basicly made from boxes use shape instances...

CapitanRed
09-13-2006, 01:20 PM
Is it this what you're looking for?

I don't remember the script exactly, so i don't know, if it is the same as PsychoSilence posted.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=374413

maxgamer
09-13-2006, 08:18 PM
Thank You,

This has been a huge help. I am able to do exactly what I need to do with a limited amount of keyframes.

Particle Flow Rocks!

PsychoSilence
09-13-2006, 08:28 PM
no prob :)

thatīs what we are all here for :D for asking for help and for helping others ;)

regards

anselm

maxgamer
09-13-2006, 08:46 PM
Is there a way of turning a selection of these Particle (Mesh Objects) back into baked animation objects to then be used in Reactor?

Thanks

Paul

CapitanRed
09-13-2006, 09:03 PM
there's a tutorial about reactor and particles on www.allanmckay.com (http://www.allanmckay.com/)

wach it, i never did it, but perhaps you'll find your way. other than that, i can only suggest you thinking particles. this is similar to pflow, but much more powerful. only bad that you have to pay a lot for it. :shrug:

maxgamer
09-13-2006, 09:20 PM
Before you posted I began downloading the tutotial from Allan's site.

Both Allan and Oleg are becoming my masters. Sooo much to learn.

CGTalk Moderation
09-13-2006, 09:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.