PDA

View Full Version : Mobile System for Max?

gangle
01-28-2003, 08:41 PM
I need to find a laptop that will allow me to model in Max 5 and edit video when I'm not at my workstation.

Is there one that has an Nvidia graphics bd?

I've seen some that sport a 17" Monitor.

Thanks for any help,

Gary

keops
01-28-2003, 11:21 PM
toshiba sattelite 5100,

StefanDidak
01-28-2003, 11:57 PM
My advice would be to look at the Dell Inspiron series and the Fujitsu-Siemens laptops. Both of these brands have some very capable systems and have been serving me quite well over the past years.

elvis
01-29-2003, 12:20 AM
use the search function to search this forum. this topic has been covered a few times now.

long story short: most people recommend the fujitsu celcius or dell precision M50 laptops. both are supplied with mobile quadro cards which are great for 3d work, and both have mobile P4 chips which will help your video editing.

Flyby
01-29-2003, 08:02 AM
I was in about the same boat, with that difference i wanted the ability to have a dual screen. As I'm doing more and more onsite work, using my own tools I wanted my new system to double as workstation AND as mobile workplatform.

In the end I went for a SHUTTLE X. It isn't really what could be considered as a laptop, but with it's 4 kg, it turned out to be highly portable.
The only thing that I might add in the future is an LCD monitor (or dual maybe)

elvis
01-30-2003, 12:58 AM
any mobile nvidia quadro based system will let you use nview for dual-screen capabilities.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.