PDA

View Full Version : building_grassland_compositing

hankel
09-09-2006, 01:21 AM
Hi,

maybe someone could tell me, if the technique I use is ok or if there is a better way to do it.

I have to get rid of a building in the background. The shot shows a really nice countryside, but the building is disturbing the peace :)

So, I masked it out and used the tracker node to get the correct motion.
I think there should be a way to clone/stamp the relevant parts of the image instead of using the masking tools. When I use the clone tool, would I have the correct camera motion instantly or did I have to track the clone node also?

Thanks for every answer.

regards,
marc_

SalaTar
09-09-2006, 02:11 AM
Piant > would be a good tool to explore

Honza
09-09-2006, 06:35 PM
Hi,

I think too the paint(Clone) tool could do good results. You only have to track the paintstroke, the offset is moved automaticly with it. If you have a simple camera move, with not very much perspective changing it works great, and your track often doesnīt have to be really 100% and you donīt have to bother about grain, but take care with the offset if you are between two pixels your cloned image will looked blured. You just have to take care that nobody is entering the area you are cloning from, else you will have somebody there in the place where your house was :-).

But it seems that you done this already in your comp ( if I understand it the right way). If your footage you use for retouching the house is a image sequence, you do just the same a paint/clone would have done. Your workflow is good if the result is good.

The second posibility would be to take a cleanplate and track it in the desired position.
Donīt forget the grain if you are using a single frame as clean plate

hankel
09-09-2006, 07:42 PM
Hello Honza,

Thank you for your reply. I really wanted to know how someone else would solve this kind of task. So thanks for your help.

cheers,
marc_

ps. when the camera is moving I really don't miss the grain in the concerned parts of the footage, but when the camera is freezing you see it clearly. So you mean I have to cover those parts with fusions grain?

Honza
09-09-2006, 08:00 PM
If you use a image sequence footage as retouching part than you donīt need extra grain

if itīs a still frame footage you will need grain in the retouching part. In this cause you should maybe degrain the still frame first. Always put your grain after all transformation nodes.

mathix
09-09-2006, 09:42 PM
I usually paint, track, and attach strokes to tracker, then roto characters, render everything and paintout all motion blur artifacts you sometimes get.

hankel
09-09-2006, 10:24 PM
hey mathix,

thanx for your reply....I'm going to try your solution as well, in the same succession.
when I'm done I will post the results.....

greetins,
marc_

hankel
09-09-2006, 10:29 PM
thanks again Honza,
I will post the result soon.....(oh lord have mercy..... hehe)

have a nice weekend.....

greetings,
marc_

SalaTar
09-10-2006, 12:02 AM
dont froget you can group strokes :D much simpler to attach to traker

hankel
09-10-2006, 12:38 AM
dont froget you can group strokes :D much simpler to attach to traker

I came to the point, where I was running endless circles in my room, till I realized to do this..... (doh)

thanks, SalaTar.

hankel
09-10-2006, 12:49 AM
Thanks for your help guys!
Your tricks and tips are really good.

marc_

SalaTar
09-10-2006, 01:33 AM
I was hoping you would figure it out, I bet you know more about the paint node :D

Check out the tuts(ver 4) at eyeon for paint

hankel
09-10-2006, 03:24 AM
I was hoping you would figure it out, I bet you know more about the paint node :D

Check out the tuts(ver 4) at eyeon for paint

hi....

i've just checked out the fusion 4 paint tuts and they are still providing useful information. that's good. but I have to stop now....my brain makes weird things now.....in germany it's 4:30 in the morning....so I'll have a sleep.....

have a good time SalaTar....

marc_

CGTalk Moderation
09-10-2006, 03:24 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.