PDA

View Full Version : Challenge: Animate to these WAV clips

Vood
09-08-2006, 11:31 PM
Hey guys

Doesn't seem like there have been any challenges lately ... but it kinda sounds like some people are still interested ...

I really want to sharpen up my animation chops, so since I don't see a challenge happening, I'll start one myself (um.. if that's okay)

here are audio clips from four different movies:

Download the zip - 360 KB (http://www.davidjmurphy.net/audio/wav-clips01.zip)

(sorry, can't link directly to the audio, my server doesn't have the right MIMEs set up or something)

Here's what they are:

---Junior.wav - from Indiana Jones. Indiana: "I came here to save you!" Dad: "Oh yeah? And who's gonna save you, Junior?!" Indiana: "I told you--" *sounds of struggling and gun fire* "... don't call me Junior."

---Mission.wav - from the Fifth Element. Military: "Major Dallas. You've been selected for a mission of utmost importance." Dallas: "What mission?" Military: "To save the world."

---Myhead.wav - from Being John Malkovich. Craig: "Mr. Malkovich, sir...With all due respect, I discovered that portal. I mean, it's my livelihood! You understand?" John: "IT'S MY HEAD! SCHWARTZ! IT'S MY HEAD!! I will see you in court!!"

---Selfdest.wav - from Spaceballs. Computer: "This ship will self destruct in 20 seconds. This is your last chance to push the cancellation button."

perhaps for that last one, for those who dislike animating lipsync (or want a more simple challenge), you could animate a character reacting to the computer's speech.

Hopefully this will get people's juices going... :D

I am in no way qualified to judge this challenge or anything... Perhaps when everyone's done we can vote on who's the best. Perhaps a mod wants to monitor this challenge?

I propose a 1-week deadline, so that we finish these by next Friday. though maybe more time is needed. I'm gonna start tonight :bounce:

What do you guys think?

Happy animating! :D

-David

dudeacle
09-09-2006, 07:16 PM
Animating lip sync is too much for a one week deadline. I like animating lip sync just like everyone else but it should be a monthly challenge. Mini challenges are better suited for non-scripted animation. Practice is the key here, so something where you can sit down and whip out quickly. My idea of animating to an envent or an emotion my be better suited for this.

Vood
09-09-2006, 09:35 PM
the truth you speak shines with clarity my friend :hmm:

-david

SAN-X
09-12-2006, 07:38 AM
hmmm... yes, lipsync takes a lot of time

BUT who prevents us to make this challenge monthly?

dudeacle
09-12-2006, 01:00 PM
This would make for a good monthly challenge. But we should somehow make the challenge different than 10secondclub.net. I was thinking of doing a group animation. So you would animate one character in a multiple character dialog and help one anothers animation with positive feedback. Im not sure how this would work in reality, its just an idea.

Vood
09-13-2006, 02:47 PM
sounds interesting :)

hmm i've never been to 10secondclub.net ... I should check that out hehheheh

dudeacle
09-13-2006, 03:09 PM
Vood you have to do yourself a favor and check out 10secondclub. Its like cgsociety but only dedicated to monthly animation challenges, to lipsync of course.

mrn
09-30-2006, 12:14 AM
ya i want to sharpen up my animation skills to maybe we could work on a project together

CGTalk Moderation
09-30-2006, 12:14 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.