PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard Comp Entry! "Taurck" Tauren/Orc.

GhostRider801
09-08-2006, 08:04 PM
Hey Guys, Lots of Cool Blizzard entrys around here.
Here's mine, He's a a Tauren/ Orc Hybrid.
http://www.joshsingh.net/images/taurk/Taurk_beauty2.jpg

Junerahe
09-08-2006, 09:01 PM
Very well executed. Looks Great!

nibbuls
09-08-2006, 09:06 PM
Congrats on the frontpage over at polycount!

Best entry I've seen so far--wonderful job. I love that face.

No critiques here.

:bowdown:

xbiten
09-08-2006, 09:08 PM
man, thatīs just so sweet! Really dig it! I canīt find any to critique, maybe the feathers on bootplates is a bit malplaced. good luck with your entry.

Paleraven06
09-08-2006, 09:21 PM
Excellent model!!! You've nailed the WoW style textures perfectly and it was a great idea to mix two of the existing races. Adds an element of familiarity to the characer. I think you should be in the top running for sure.

I'd much rather play the "Taurck" than the crappy Bloodelves or Draenei any day. Now you just need to convince them to come up with some new classes for it and we'd all be set!! :D

Mallory
09-08-2006, 09:40 PM
Excellent model!!! You've nailed the WoW style textures perfectly and it was a great idea to mix two of the existing races. ...
^^ ... a great and very funny idea. I had to laugh out loud!
And you have made a clean and professional presentation too. The only thing I would change is the brown border (frame?). I would replace it with a orcish/tauren ornament ... but very cool!

JimmyMac
09-08-2006, 10:21 PM
Fantastic! Looks great. Even if this doesn't take the cake, you should be damn proud of such a nice piece.

weasel.acuh5o
09-09-2006, 08:09 AM
this is really looking great. the only small thing bugging me (gotta come up with something :P) is the texture resolution on the hooves. maybe it's just me, but it seems way lower then the resolution on the armor plating next to it.

congrats for this, great design and great execution.

kakikukeko
09-09-2006, 09:57 AM
looks very nice.. the hybrid is a nice idea :)
if I really have to crit, I would say that you could have use a slightly stronger lighting from above to help define the forms better.. (in the texture or the render..)

can we see the wireframe? and have the polycount?

Danko
09-09-2006, 11:05 PM
Very cool! :thumbsup:
It's true that the texture fits perfectly with WOW's style! I also think that making that race mix brings a lot of personality to the character. Maybe the hips are a bit to high, but just a thought. I know that oversizing and exagerating proportions is quite common on those fantasy characters so doesn't disturb me at all. Great job! Good luck with the contest!

rasmusW
09-11-2006, 07:03 AM
hey josh!

this is absolutely one of the best blizzard entries. great work.

-r

antodonnell
09-12-2006, 01:40 PM
This is pretty much my favourite piece of blizzard art yet, They re my favourite games and you captured the spirit of them perfectly with this guy, Not only that but you made it your own and created something new. Now if you can get him in game ... Mmmmmmmm .......

foreverendering
09-17-2006, 04:15 PM
This is awesome! I love this entry and concept. This is probably my favorite game res submission I've seen :)

I had a question for you, if you already submitted, what happened? I tried to submit my entry and never saw a confirmation page or received a confirmation email, it just seemed to reset the page after a long wait. Was that your experience also?

Thanks

CGTalk Moderation
09-17-2006, 04:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.