PDA

View Full Version : Animated Terrain with Ecosystem Question...

rgdigital
09-08-2006, 07:20 PM
I have a procedural terrain wth the altitude texture set to Open Ocean, to get nice rolling waves. Just playing around, I have a sandy texture applied along with a grass Ecosystem. After doing a test animation, the terrain moves like it should, but the plants stay where they were in frame 1.

Is there a way to force the Ecosystem to recalculate for each frame? I want the grass to follow the undulations of the animating terrain.

MindedVague
09-09-2006, 03:38 AM
I have a procedural terrain wth the altitude texture set to Open Ocean, to get nice rolling waves. Just playing around, I have a sandy texture applied along with a grass Ecosystem. After doing a test animation, the terrain moves like it should, but the plants stay where they were in frame 1.

Is there a way to force the Ecosystem to recalculate for each frame? I want the grass to follow the undulations of the animating terrain.
in atmosphere editor adjust wind attributes

videodv
09-09-2006, 06:26 AM

At this time with viue 5I it is not possible to recalculate eco placements on each frame.

MindedVague
09-09-2006, 08:09 AM
At this time with viue 5I it is not possible to recalculate eco placements on each frame.
sorry guyes i miss understand the message i thought he was asking about the wind with echosystem

XChetan
09-10-2006, 11:13 PM
You have to use the Python scripting.

There is a script with Vue called FloatingEcosytem, it will do what you are looking for I think.
It has been used by Phoul in the Vue presentation video (when you see floating boxes).
Hope this helps!

videodv
09-11-2006, 01:45 AM
You have to use the Python scripting.

There is a script with Vue called FloatingEcosytem, it will do what you are looking for I think.
It has been used by Phoul in the Vue presentation video (when you see floating boxes).
Hope this helps!

Not sure but I think that is used for boxes/objects on an open ocean/water material to make them bob up and down with the waves, it is different to getting an eco material to move on a terrain, I could be wrong though.

rgdigital
09-11-2006, 05:35 PM
Thanks.

Hopefully this will be doable in Vue 6.

videodv
09-11-2006, 09:28 PM
I was trying to get some rocks to "fall" down a mountain side so I spent quite a while trying to get this to work with an eco mat, I could not get it to work no matter what I tried. I will check out the script tomorrow to see if it will do this just in case.

If not then I hope there will be someway we can get an eco "frame refresh" to work in vue 6 it would be cool if we could.

Will post results if this is doable with the script or not tomorrow.

rgdigital
09-11-2006, 10:52 PM
I don't know crap about coding, but I would have to think making the Eco refresh, per frame, would be a simple thing to implement as an option for animations. it has to refresh other countless environmental changes per frame anyway...

Granted, it would take more time per frame, depending on Eco density/complexity, but having that option would be worth it.

CGTalk Moderation
09-11-2006, 10:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.