PDA

View Full Version : alien biologist

paul-banister
09-08-2006, 05:14 PM
just doodling away n i came up with this character that i fancied modelling.since the sketch i decided i liked the idea that he/it researches and records insects on different planets so ive added accsesories to enhance that.im just about at the rigging stage n then i'll unwrap ready for texturing. hope you like,c and c always appreciated.thanks.

AdamAtomic
09-08-2006, 06:23 PM
Great start, he reminds me of Lilo&Stitch for some reason - you may want to beef up his arms just a teensy bit, geometry that thin has a tendency to collapse during animation or when its zoomed out. otherwise it looks friggin great!

paul-banister
09-08-2006, 06:54 PM
AdamAtomic:thanks,glad you like it :) as for the arms,i'l beef em up a bit.dont want them with too much meat thou or i'll lose the style ive got on them.

for some reason when i reduced the image size the pic looks like its been cut in half then moved up a bit,so apologies for that.

taehoon
09-08-2006, 08:06 PM
Nice.. concept. and interesting shape and it tells story already.. I love it..

I want to see more detail on head and texture later.. keep it up

Taehoon

kakikukeko
09-09-2006, 11:07 AM
Nice.. concept. and interesting shape and it tells story already.. I love it..

I want to see more detail on head and texture later.. keep it up

Taehoon

agree with everything above..
don't know why, it made me think of "day of the tentacle" :)
can' wait to see more :)

bardur
09-09-2006, 05:53 PM
agree with everything above..
don't know why, it made me think of "day of the tentacle" :)
can' wait to see more :)

The first thing that pop't into my mind was "Day of the tentacle" too... hehe
i guess its because of the tentacle like suite..

But looks nice though... really has character.. i L.O.V.E IT! :love:

Regards

paul-banister
02-16-2007, 12:00 AM
lil bit of progress,kinda trying to finish up various characters and make some progress on my dominance war 2 character so updates might be spaced out at times.thanks for looking.

oops,forgot to edit the brightness/contrast on the pic,...seems to be quite a difference between my comp screen i work on and the one i pos

paul-banister
02-24-2007, 12:23 AM
lil bit more progress

dpizzle
02-24-2007, 02:35 AM
willy, i love your style.
i know i've said that before.

misterboogie
02-24-2007, 02:49 AM
Cool style! Very Disneyesque. Can't wait to see how this one ends up.

CGTalk Moderation
02-24-2007, 02:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.