PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Beetle Concept Art

bhaskar
09-08-2006, 02:25 AM
Hello Everyone,

Few months back, I was working on a game with my colleague seeking fun and knowledge in creating games. After working for long time on Design and methods, finally I got the chance to create some concepts of the characters.
The game involves few beetle and insects fighting for their survival. One of the character which I m introducing is called Tiger Beetle, who is categorized as one of the notorious beetle in the game. It is not the top boss of this game but playing a role of healthy enemy. After doing the researches about his looks and modus operandi for killing others, I found it to be the interesting enough to venture into concepts which I m posting them in search for some more inputs from you all.
What I m seeking is that the character has been portrayed upto the mark or not and has been justified in my concept art.
Thanks

bhaskar
09-08-2006, 02:33 AM
Some more preliminary sketches.

bhaskar
09-08-2006, 02:37 AM
One More to go.

Damselfly
09-08-2006, 02:53 AM
He looks great! Love the face! My only comment would be that one of the distinctive features of tiger beetles, or any beetle for that matter is their wingcovers, but you haven't given us a back view. From the front or 3/4 view, it's difficult to tell that he's a beetle.

bhaskar
09-09-2006, 01:46 PM
Thanx Damselfly,
Certainly i havnt worked much on its back and i feel this can be a problem when working on its mesh. I ll update the back also. :lightbulb
And about the looks of the beetle, I had in mind to have a mutated beetle's life or any insect's life to be more like humans. Like in every other beetle movies. Thats why i thought to keep the base skeleton of humans and then skinning them over with their respective skins of insects.

BTW, seen your ant too. looks good, although too big against your working ants. :thumbsup:

Thanks

CGTalk Moderation
09-09-2006, 01:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.