PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Animation Reel- 2nd Submission

NickWhitmire
09-07-2006, 06:20 PM
Sorry guys....didn't mean to resubmit this so soon. Just wanted some feedback as the last time i submitted it I got absolutely nothing from anyone. Please throw me some c and c when there's some time for ya.

thanks guys,

http://nickwhitmire.com/images/3d/Nick_2006.mov.mov
-Nick Whitmire
TigarHare Studios

Edge7
09-07-2006, 06:37 PM
Great reel! Awesome work overall. I especially liked the run cycle of the mech, but I think the animation of the 2 characters talking...needed a little bit more work. It just seemed a tiny bit blocky at times. Other than that everything seemed to flow nicely. Great work!

khalid1357
09-07-2006, 08:21 PM
great work man, ye i agree the running cycle was great.
but i dont understand why you showed call of duty & dirty harry, do you work for activison??

NickWhitmire
09-07-2006, 08:26 PM
hey

I work for TigarHare...we did the E3 trailers for those. I was responsible for all animation.......good times.....

thanks for the replies......

Ranimate
09-07-2006, 10:09 PM
Hey Man,

Cool, nice reel, to be honest the beginning is abit boring, maybe its not edited correctly, too much from the game and the shots are not interesting at all and theres a wierd shot where the girl is falling off of the bridge, there is not enough "meat" for the shot and the cuts are happening too fast.
The robot is cool, one thing I see that could be tweaked is when he stops and replaces his hand position the movement seems wrong.
The lipsync is good! I think you should start your reel with this piece, the acting works and its entertaining.
Keep it up bro, you are doing great,

:thumbsup:

Ranimate

zbavas
09-07-2006, 11:54 PM
hey mayazeus,

I really liked the 'Call of Duty 3' intro.. I thought the slow motion shot was awesome!! I think the run cycle of the robot was great too. All round excellent for me, well done!!

Zac

Whitmire
09-08-2006, 02:59 AM
Great stuff man. The mech was great as well as the COD stuff. Seems like the dirty Harry work could have used much better texturing, modeling, and especially lighting but the animation good. Great work!:bounce:

godblessbotox
09-08-2006, 04:03 AM
man thats fantstic!

agree that the dirty harry could use better lighting...
but your an animator so, hiza!

watchout for other people tring to take your job though.

xiaope
09-08-2006, 05:36 AM
looks great nick!

CGTalk Moderation
09-08-2006, 05:36 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.