PDA

View Full Version : soft body - position of the spline and spline target

zoc
09-07-2006, 01:06 PM
Hi people...
I've got a little problem... I'm rigging a dog. I choose to use a ik spline as soft body for the ears.
The problem is that I can't put the two spline in the same hierarchy node, because in that case the deformed spline can't follow the target... instead if I put them in two different node, everything work in the right way, but just in the interactive playback... when I animate it in the view the ears don't follow the character...
thanks a lot!

ashishdantu
09-07-2006, 05:21 PM
hi,

i didnt get what you mean by " The problem is that I can't put the two spline in the same hierarchy node, " >> are you trying to use two spline IK handles to drive ur ear bones ? if so, y ?

and when u play randomly in ur viewport, yes, particles (driving ur soft-bodied spline IK curve) will not evaluate or rather simulate ! i mean if you are scrubbing back and forth ur timeline, particles, will not respond properly.. but if u rewind ur scene and play, they will start to simulate and effect ur spine ik curve....properly.. because particles get simulated based off previous frame's history....

once you are happy with your simulation, select ur particles and bake them so next time, it doesnt simulate and you get what you approved, in rendering too..

donno, if it answers ur question , but just my say...
-rgds,

zoc
09-07-2006, 05:31 PM
Sorry, you're wright!!
I search for Bake in the maya help and I see that is what I need.... thanks a lot!
bye

CGTalk Moderation
09-07-2006, 05:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.