PDA

View Full Version : Finished Demo Reel

Pumar
09-07-2006, 09:37 AM
Well after a hard 1 year at VFS learning animation, here is my final demo reel project which i hope you like.

The link is:

http://www.luisveigapumar.com/clips/Quicktime_full_Demo_Reel_exported.mov

So what do you guys think? all your thought's, comments would be appreciated, so that i can improve myself.

Cheers

ivanisavich
09-07-2006, 02:07 PM
Broken link bro.

thumbtack
09-07-2006, 03:43 PM
when i play it .very slow:sad:

Pumar
09-08-2006, 09:44 AM
Sorry, should work?, think web space provide having issues at mo, can try go through my website under Demo Reel

heres link:

http://www.luisveigapumar.com/

aliismail
09-09-2006, 03:02 PM
I downloaded it with no problems, I liked the animation, everything looks good, but I kept playing the clapping hands over and over I think the few frames of the impact could be better (the blur effect is perfect, but i mean the frames right after and before the blur)

jlyapor
09-10-2006, 04:33 AM
Mr. Veiga,

I'm glad everything turned out ok. I downloaded the file without problems. The animation looks great, It was good to see how much you improved over the course of the year, i'm sure you'll get even better as time goes. The only critique I have is that a few cuts in the beginning felt a little odd but that's just me. So until then, ba-byeeeeee!

good luck,
Jesus.

Pumar
09-10-2006, 09:09 AM
Glad some of you liked it,

The clapping part definatly needs improving, i toyed with holding the contact point for 1 to 4 frames and i just couldn't find the correct feel, so i think it's probably a do over animation, i've had a comment previously that the claps are to similair.

I'm thinking that maybe the clapping should start of slower and gradually get more frantic as the character realise just how amazing the thing he just saw was.

Defenitly one of the weaker points, thanks for bringing it up, if you got any suggestions, feel free.

As for the cutting. could be some shots to similair in camera angles, or maybe the second shot isn't as strong as the first one, as the first shot say's a lot about the character, maybe the second just doesn't help the scene.

I'll have to give that some thought?

Thanks for the comments.

Luis

Lupin500
09-11-2006, 11:06 PM
Hi Luis! I also dowloaded it without problems. It's always very funny to watch and I really liked that you showed both 3D and traditional animation skills. Great work my friend and good luck (maybe at Duck?:) )

Giorgio

PureMoxi
09-13-2006, 04:55 PM
Mr. Spanish Brit,

Good to see you sharing your work with the world. I have to agree on the clapping but, personally I think it is permissible given the sound to reinforce it. In the end, good work, nice rendering and just the beginning of even better stuff...

Good luck my friend...

R

Loewi
09-13-2006, 06:03 PM
Really nice reel, i hope everything goes well for you and i'm sure you'll find a job with this reel :)

jason108
09-13-2006, 08:55 PM
A bit soft mate. Hit stronger poses, watch for flat tangants, break tangants for variety. More Squash and Strech too.

Looked great though. Lots of potencial!

Have fun!

J.Gaeta
09-13-2006, 09:54 PM
Luis I love your style! You really have a funny and charming short here buddy. It's quite interesting how much your character looks like some British guy I know... good luck man, I wish you all the best.

Jeff

ratatat
09-13-2006, 10:16 PM
excellent story and amazing animation! I really enjoyed watching :)

if i were to suggest anything, I would say less snap to the bear's shrugging at the end. Otherwise it was great.

cheers.

Pumar
09-14-2006, 08:56 AM
Thanks for all the comments and support.

I will definatly put them all on the 'must improve' list, and seriously work on them on my next project.

Hopefully you'll be able to see the improvements in the future, any more suggestions or tips on any areas are all very welcome.

Thanks again

Luis

Kristofferic
09-17-2006, 05:38 AM
good job, i really liked the secondary animation you had on the couch. Goodluck

showko
09-29-2006, 09:07 PM
Remember me? Korean soccer guy~
I really glad to see your animation reel here.
funny character exactly looks like you~hahaha
nice rendering~ nice animation~ ^^

Champions league is just started~ I hope man utd get a third winning cup.
Liverpool already got 5 times. no more for Liverpool~

gatorji
09-29-2006, 10:29 PM
great job on your animation luis. you have a great style to it and mixing the 2d animation at the end adds a great touch to it. all those long days and late hours in the night definately paid off. good luck to you and wish you could be at graduation with us. guess i'll just have to drink a pint of guiness for you.

echoBars
09-29-2006, 10:44 PM
Nice style! almost claymation like. I like the character design and colour palette. I agree with previous post that the animation could use stronger poses, but still very good. Keep it up...

My site...http://burdenwoe.com

Pumar
09-30-2006, 11:30 AM
Thanks for all your comments and support guys, i appreciate it very much, will hopefully have something new for you all to comment on soon.

So thanks again, any more just keep sending them, it all helps to improve me

Luis

p.s showko liverpool will win again, 5 times is never enough, you always want more.

CGTalk Moderation
09-30-2006, 11:30 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.