PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard Art Contest 2D entry help

EchoDragon
09-06-2006, 01:00 PM
Hey peeps, I've just looked through Epsen's Blizzard Contest entry and seen all the helpful feed back you guys give so I thought I'd Post my WIP that I'm planning to enter in the 2D category.

Basically I'm near completion with the deadline drawing nearer but I'm concerned about the top inch or so of the picture looking a bit bare. So far suggestions have been to simply crop it and enter the image how it is, other have been to add a sugestion of sky or some background character like bats and things. Just wondering if the people on here have anything to add so I can enter it in confidence that it's as good as it can be. ^^

http://www.paleshadows.co.uk/SiteImages/LJ/DragonWraith.jpg

By the way, it's called a Dragon Wraith and is an original character design. It's an ethereal being and really an Idea for a sort of bad guy. Anyway feed back is most welcome, thanks ^^

PS. Epsen your're entry rox's lol :D

eMysfit
09-15-2006, 10:49 AM
I'd maybe crop it off for the entry if you're going for the character catagory to focus more on him(Which is assumeable I suppose). But I also would say that the composition looks great the way it is and a good 'hint of sky' in the background would help set it off as an entire image.

He is really cool lookin too btw. :thumbsup: Hope you've finished it by now though I would say you will have a good chance at winning, but 2 more days isn't much time left >< !

CGTalk Moderation
09-15-2006, 10:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.