PDA

View Full Version : Harvest XrucifX (nextgen-punk)

katzeimsack
09-06-2006, 10:21 AM
finally finished it :)
~9400 trinagulated polygons, 1x 2048 (diffuse,specular,normal,alpha,reflection)

I'm too laizy to fix the problem, maya has with mirrored normalmaps, therefore please ignore the seams ;)

http://www.gameace.org/~ChristianCoders/images/xxharvest1.jpg
http://www.gameace.org/~ChristianCoders/images/xxharvest2.jpg

comments please :)

BakerCo
09-06-2006, 03:00 PM
very nice!!

LaughingBun
09-06-2006, 05:00 PM
overall the character looks really nice, but i cant say i like the grainy look of the textures, and the textures themself seem allitle dull. But overall an excellent job

Carter88
09-06-2006, 08:00 PM
Me likes!
I especially like the gold shoulder guard and the swirl detailing in the centre, although the packs around his waist look a bit bland and generic, is it possible to see some wires?

MindTraveler
09-06-2006, 08:51 PM
The design and overall character look really nice. Even the texture looks like it could be just as good if you got rid of all that grainy, sandy, filtery looking noise that you have all over it. Also the missing shoe laces does'nt look intentional, it just looks like you left them out on accident perhaps.

-Mind Traveler

heavyness
09-06-2006, 08:59 PM
nice. i like the gold shoulder and blue face paint [color theory rocks!] also, the boots are cool and i like the hand shield.

but i agree with above, he looks very "grainy/sandblasted". it would be interesting to see him with no bump and much high contrasting colors, almost comic book like.

hakanpersson
09-07-2006, 08:07 AM
the folds on his pants dont look too realistic. And i aswell dont like the grainy texture.
But besides that its a really good character, unusal style, specially the mix of colors.

also noted where his "shoulderpad" intersects with the chestpiece, how do you plan on animating that? Could perhaps provide some trouble?

CGTalk Moderation
09-07-2006, 08:07 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.