PDA

View Full Version : 3D Stills Of Wip Character Sadie

lemonyfresh
09-05-2006, 11:08 PM
Here's some images of my Character Sadie.
I just put the Subsurface Scatter on her and I think I'm gettng pretty close on the skin. The hair and clothes will change with different scenes, but This will prettymuch be her base look. I plan to do a little Zbrush work on her lips.
Let me know what you think.

http://www.bigfathairy.com/images/sss_3QBust.jpg

http://www.bigfathairy.com/images/sss_sideBust.jpg

http://www.bigfathairy.com/images/sss_front_Bust.jpg

jesterjoker
09-05-2006, 11:52 PM
Can you post some pics of her without her clothes? I think there is something off about her chest, But I can't tell if it's her clothes or the model. Maybe I'm wrong and it's just me tho.

Also I think the Eyes may be to close together.

kenshinw95
09-06-2006, 08:00 AM
I'm thinking it's supposed to be that way.. It's a caricature/Toon pin-up. Although why use SSS on the skin? Isn't that supposed to be for realistic & photo-realistic stuff?

lemonyfresh
09-06-2006, 10:08 PM
I can assure you that her chest is a work of perfection, and since I don't want my account deleted I will not be posting any nude pictures of Sadie. Unless of course I really want to. Just exactly what is the REAL deal with erotica on CG talk? is it cool? is it not? Can we get a special section that allows that sort of thing?

The SSS shader, Yes the SSS shader is used for photo realistic images, but is not limited to them. What an sss shader does is sort of put a nice subtle inner glow into a modle, which does not a realistic shader make. I am not going for a painterly feel with Sadie, nor am I going for hyper-realizm. That being said, I am not married to this look either, but I do think it looks really good.

jesterjoker
09-07-2006, 01:43 AM
After taking a second look at it, I believe it's the Highlights on her bra that threw me off. I thought they were folds in the actual skin.

Anywho I'm diggin it, she kinda reminds me of a cross between a Bratz doll and Jessica Rabbit.

As for nudity, I believe you can show it, as long as you state it in the title.

Although her eyes being that wide open are kinda freaky. Strangely enough, i know a girl who's Eyes are that EXACT color. No Joke.

kenshinw95
09-07-2006, 03:44 AM
Oh, I thought you were starting to succumb to the same rendering style confusion as I've been prone to all throughout my project. :)

No disrespect intended about the SSS question. I just didn't know that technique could/would be applied in this situation. I also have solution to get around the "no nudity" thing if there IS one on this board. Then again, like was stated before. I think you have to put a disclaimer in the title/subject about it, 'cause I've seen many WIPs that were naked. Many more female than male, though. Not that I'm complaining. :D
Maybe you try the approach I'm going to take when I start on my model's body. Make her "skin" a color like grey, or black. That way it shows the body's shape as though it was nude, but not nude cause of a spandex bodysuit. :)

Although, what's bad is that I can't show my some of the people in the chat room dedicated to my modeling program. :sad:
This one guy even said that if he has to look at my character's disembodied head again, he's gonna get a gun. To use on himself. :eek:
He's like we've had to look at that thing for a year, move on already! :twisted:
It's not quite done, but even my parents' are getting "annoyed" with it. Weird thing is my Father will work on a model boat, plane, or car 'till it meets his approval. Seems like everyone wants me to take the "It doesn't have to look great, just good enough." approach. So, maybe I should switch to her body, and have everything above the neck in a seperate/hidden layer.. Maybe that's appease them. Using the bodysuit method, so I can show ANYBODY no matter their gender, or disposition about nudity.

nuclearbum
09-07-2006, 09:53 AM
she's got fur growing around her eyes! :P but in all seriousness, i don't think the eyelashes you have cut it for the character. maybe try just poly model it and stylize it (like only add a couple individual lashes at the ends)? the face looks a little awkward with the large eyes, but i think that might just be me. i'd say play around a little with the actual eye shape to get around that. also i'd give some more thickness to the armpit area.

the only thing more i could ask is maybe a concept drawing and some full shots (if the legs are done). interesting character over all and i like the experimentation with the cartoony design and the use of sss.

lemonyfresh
09-07-2006, 08:35 PM
Full Body Render to Follow

http://www.bigfathairy.com/images/sadiecolorbase.jpg

http://www.bigfathairy.com/images/sadieScooterPencil.jpg

http://www.bigfathairy.com/images/SadieWindowWasherPencil.jpg

kenshinw95
09-08-2006, 05:13 AM
Cool! You were able to transfer your 2D sketches/drawings into 3D models that are very "faithful" to the original drawings. :thumbsup: Yours made the transition much better than mine did.
"She" either got "lost" in the transition, or "evolved" into something else. Maybe it was the recen viewings of both Final Fantasy CG movies.. :shrug:
Although, I do notice that the eyelashes in the sketches seem to match what nuclearbum was saying about the eyelashes being only at the edges of the eyes. Jesterjoker was also right. she kinda has a body similar to Jessica Rabbit. :D

kenshinw95
10-05-2006, 08:48 AM
After an unplanned time away, I'm back working on my model. As detail in my thread.
Kind of an update. Oh, and isn't it weird that people normally seem to have longer arms than you'd think? I was researching that when I was wokring on my model. And.. could you tell me if they're too long? Along with your opinion on which shader/lighting?

CGTalk Moderation
10-05-2006, 08:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.