PDA

View Full Version : Any way to link an object to a part of another?

FelixCat
09-05-2006, 10:06 PM
Hi
Maybe this is an stupid question... but do exist in EiAS a way to link an object (for instance, the teeh) to a part of another object like the jaw of a face?
Any ideas?
Thanks a lot

FelixCat

marcel-eias
09-06-2006, 12:18 PM
Hello Felixcat,

Do you mean link/connect to an object.. ?.
you can use the chain-icon (icon 21 from left) in the project window.

Or.. did you mean make the same movement.. without actually linking the objects?

marcel

FelixCat
09-06-2006, 03:51 PM
Hi, Marcel
I will try to explain myself with my crappy english: Im doing an human modell and all the body is one piece, but the theeth and eyes and eyelashes are separated objects. The eyes are not a problem, but the eyelashes must be attached to the eyelid and, if with the morphtarget i do a blink, the eyelashes dont folow the movement of the eyelid... then i use a morphtarget of the eyelashes for that movement too, but complicates a little the process.
If it is possible to attach the eyelashes to their respective eyelids for following the blinks, could be great, but im not sure it is possible.
Make myself clear?... a bit at last?
Me tarzan you jane :P

FelixCat

marcel-eias
09-06-2006, 05:52 PM
Hi Feixcat,

Me Tarzan... hahaha (jane's outfit will not fit me hahahah).... :o)

but i don't have a quick answer..

I do understand what you want to do.. :o)...
but i didn't do much morphing... so i cannot help you at the moment... maybe i can look into it...
but at the moment ... no quick answer..

I think i have seen an animation of an eye-lit from Alonzo Von Threet
(AVTPro)... but i am not sure...
Maybe he can help...

Marcel

AVTPro
09-12-2006, 10:04 PM
Hi, Marcel
I will try to explain myself with my crappy english: Im doing an human modell and all the body is one piece, but the theeth and eyes and eyelashes are separated objects. The eyes are not a problem, but the eyelashes must be attached to the eyelid and, if with the morphtarget i do a blink, the eyelashes dont folow the movement of the eyelid... then i use a morphtarget of the eyelashes for that movement too, but complicates a little the process.
If it is possible to attach the eyelashes to their respective eyelids for following the blinks, could be great, but im not sure it is possible.
Make myself clear?... a bit at last?
Me tarzan you jane :P

FelixCat

I haven't done a character with eyelash yet but I have done a sufficient amount of research to do eyelids as one peice. If I had to do eyelashes...and I probably will, I wouold just group/combine them in the modeler so the EI morpher would think they are one piece.
Then you can just place them in the modeler and import them in the morpher. Don't know if that would work or not tho'.

Good luck.

here's a morph tweener tool to help make eyelids and head one piece.

BLINK (http://homepage.mac.com/avtpro5/.Public/AVTPro%E2%84%A2%20BLINK%C2%A9%20Tweener%20Tool.zip)

AVT

FelixCat
09-13-2006, 12:25 AM
Hi, Alonzo
i had the same idea, to group the eyelashes, and the teeth to the head, like one object. But i supposse that makes potentially more difficult the color mapping (to isolate each eyelashes an teeth for color, transparency, specularity and etc maps). I hope the next SILO can to manage it properly.
FelixCat

AVTPro
09-13-2006, 03:29 AM
You mean you can't UV map it after you group it? It losses it UVs when you group it in your modeler?

FelixCat
09-13-2006, 10:11 PM
No, but i think the UVMapping could be very complex if in a full body i have the teeth and the eyelashes (around 50 each) with all the maps (color, spec, transparency an so on).
BTW im working now with the Morph targets that, in EiAS, is no an easy task. Reviewing the lipsync is a pain in the ass!!. Cant wait for this TAFA app... and a way to import the info to EiAS. This are by now, not all i think.

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/5655/expresionesxx2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

After that, i will began with the rigging (im studying all your docs of the topic, thanks a lot for sharing)
Thaks for the BLINK project, i will study it tonight.
Thanks

FelixCat

CGTalk Moderation
09-13-2006, 10:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.