PDA

View Full Version : stop playback

toonafish
09-05-2006, 01:41 PM
how do you stop the playback after hitting play ? According to the manual you can click or middle click the play or play backward button again, mouse click anywhere in the viewport or timeline, or press the down arrow key.

none of the above work ?

Is it possible I disabled it somewhere while poking around in the prefs, and can I enable it again ?

shadowedge
09-06-2006, 03:14 AM
hi toon,

i just tried it out. the controls are working. even without clicking middle mouse button, clicking the play button again will stop it.

clicking anywhere in the timeline will stop the playback either way.

the only thing that doesn't seem to work is clicking on the viewport.

best

jei

artista3d
09-06-2006, 05:42 AM
how do you stop the playback after hitting play ? According to the manual you can click or middle click the play or play backward button again, mouse click anywhere in the viewport or timeline, or press the down arrow key.

none of the above work ?

Is it possible I disabled it somewhere while poking around in the prefs, and can I enable it again ?

Some time ago, when I first tried a XSI demo on my old machine (AMD Athlon 850 MHz, 3DLabs Oxygen GVX1 card), when I played a simulation project, I could not make it stop.

Maybe it has something to do with your CPU or video card. Try to update or "downdate" your video drivers.

Hope that helps.

tuna
09-06-2006, 06:11 AM
Does this still happen on a new, default scene with nothing in it? I know that if I have a very heavy scene, trying to stop it from playing through "lags" so much it only registers it once the timeline is at the end, and it plays all over again, instead of stopping. I always stop the playing through on a normal scene by re-clicking the "play" button.

Maybe try backing up your projects and user folder and reinstalling if nothing seems to work.

toonafish
09-06-2006, 07:58 AM
hey, thanks guys.

I seem to be suffering from the same problem Tuna is. With a simple scene nothing is wrong, but the scene I'm currently animating has about 300K polygons. It's not that heavy, and the playback is fast, but that's when XSI doesn't seem to react to any command while playing back the animation.

the weird thing is I can make xsi react by alt+tabbing to something like Firefox while it's playing, and when I alt+tab back to xsi it will react.

Brainsells
09-06-2006, 02:12 PM
A question for you, are you using a tablet or a mouse?

Sometimes XSI will not recognize the tablet on the transport controls. You either have to use a mouse to click, or move the pen away from the tablet, then bring it back.

toonafish
09-06-2006, 03:20 PM
ah, that's it.

I'm using a wacom, I just tried to stop the playback with the mouse and that works fine.

Very weird. When I move the pen away from the tablet XSI reacts normaly to keyboard or mouse input.

thanks for the help guys.

Should I report this,or Is it a bug Softimage knows about ?

Strang
09-06-2006, 06:48 PM
wouldnt hurt to do so

jason-slab
09-07-2006, 12:28 PM
ah, that's it.

I'm using a wacom, I just tried to stop the playback with the mouse and that works fine.

Very weird. When I move the pen away from the tablet XSI reacts normaly to keyboard or mouse input.

thanks for the help guys.

Should I report this,or Is it a bug Softimage knows about ?

yeah, i'v had this problem with a wacom for a while, also when doing a capture i have to use the mouse to cancel it. i know it has been reported by other users, but yeah, add a few more reports and hopefully they will get to it sooner:)

jason

raffael3d
09-07-2006, 11:05 PM
hit the down arrow key

CGTalk Moderation
09-07-2006, 11:05 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.