PDA

View Full Version : Poly model help!!

Mrpearlzildjian
09-05-2006, 02:53 AM
Ok, I seem to have run into a problem while modeling that seems like an easy fix, however, since I am extremely rusty and have been out of school for near 3 years now, I need some help.

I cannot seem to get rid of the extremely evident seam on my polygon character model. I had combined and merged the verts, done all that fun stuff, and the shader on the model is still recognizing the seam instead of blending, even though it's one mesh. It's giving me crap about border edges, and I know what they are, I just can't remember how to get rid of them!! So yea, help me out here!!

:shrug:

JasonA
09-05-2006, 03:09 AM
did you check to see if you have duplicate edges sitting on top of one another?

benclark
09-05-2006, 12:55 PM
have you checked the normal direction of the faces? If one face is facing the wrong way the merge verts will not work

If you are still getting the seam then just delete the faces that are causing the problem and use the append poly tool to put in new ones (for maya that is)

Mrpearlzildjian
09-06-2006, 02:15 AM
Yea, sorry forgot to mention, yes I am working in Maya. I'm sure it is duplicate edges over one another, but it's combined and merged, so I assumed it would have became one mesh and took care of any topology errors(like the seam). Guess I was wrong...the normals are a good point, I'll check that, and if it doesn't work, I'll check into deleting the faces and working that angle. I'll let you all know how it turns out. Thanks alot!!!

Rich

CGTalk Moderation
09-06-2006, 02:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.