PDA

View Full Version : Shrink Wrap problems

NassJones
09-04-2006, 11:34 PM
I'm currently trying to retopolize a model from zbrush in XSI but I can't get the shrink wrap to form to the model. Im actually really new to XSI and am still getting used to the controls, as I've used 3ds max throughout college mostly. Anyway, what I'm doing is loading the hi res model, then building a grid over it. I then subdivide it, and choose deform, shrink wrap, and set the target as the hi res mesh, and the inner wrapper as the subdivided grid. I thought this would make the original grid the controller/outer wrapper but its not following. Im not sure if theres something i need to do to the subdivided poly mesh or what, but I'm hoping someone can help me out. I searched the forum and found the thread on retopolizing in xsi, thats what I was following as well as the demo video from Eric Sanford on how to do this, but I just can't seem to figure this out. thanks for any help.

EricTRocks
09-05-2006, 01:34 AM
What is actually happening when you shrink wrap it? Can you post pics? Will probably help with solving the issue.

CGTalk Moderation
09-05-2006, 01:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.