PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best plug-in???

Slave1
09-04-2006, 10:51 PM
Hi folks!

Slave1 here! :-)

Hope your all doing well.

Okay here's a question to get you all going...

For film and video work which plug-in is the best or most useful or say recommended?

As an example I'd say Litghtrig? Because out of most of the plug-ins that are out there Lightrig appears to me to be the most useful in setting up lights and helping make the scene look authentic. Seems to me some of the imagery is almost indistinguishable from the real thing.

But maybe you could enlighten me with your opinion.

Over to you....

(Posted at EIAS Forum and CGTalk.)

AzOne
09-06-2006, 01:09 AM
I can't say which is the best plug-in since all are very good and every user has different needs. But the plug-ins that I end up using the most on a daily basis are ubershapes (built-in) and Image2Mesh (free). Which probably means that I really need to get Paralumino's line-up :-)

I just hope that Image2Mesh will have a universal version when EIAS on the Mac becomes so.

Hiddenman.fr
09-06-2006, 05:10 PM
I have quite a bunch of plug-ins for EIAS and Placer Deposit from Northern Lights is my favorite one. I use it all the time in almost every jobs I have done since I have bought it. I use it to create broadcast effects (duplicated objects), to place fur, grass, rocks, water droplets, to make visible dust particles, to duplicate buildings, ... It is really useful. There are the new Paralumino plug-ins which are quite useful too as Trestle and Scrim. With them, you can directly model inside EIAS, which is really great when you are working on broadcast design or illustrative works as lots of things can be create fastly.

CGTalk Moderation
09-06-2006, 05:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.