PDA

View Full Version : HP nx9420 and XSI 5

bradka
09-04-2006, 02:41 PM
Have you got any experience with notebook HP nx9420 and XSI 5?
I plan to buy notebook for XSI, but I don't know which one I should choose.
This HP looks very good /and very good price as well -1200GBP/, but inside is ATI X1600
graphic card and I read some forums there, where someone wrote about problems with
this ATI graphics card. Tell me your opinion and experience with this X1600 graphic card and XSI.

revolutionarystudios
09-04-2006, 02:51 PM
i dont think a laptop(notebokk is good for 3d or animation becuase its dosent have that much power on it

JDex
09-04-2006, 03:21 PM
I disagree... while they aren't necessarily good for all things, if you work on the move alot, you can get a great deal of work done on a good mobile machine. I've worked on a long-in-the-tooth laptop exclusively for about a year, and have been very productive.

I can't speak for that particular laptop, but I tend to steer very clear of any system with an ATI card, especially when it's integrated, like a laptop. It's not that I'm anti-ATI or pro-nVidia... it's just that my luck with ATI's and XSI (not to mention other apps) has been hit or miss in a big way. I know many other XSI users feel the same way.

CGTalk Moderation
09-04-2006, 03:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.