PDA

View Full Version : Using plasma... starting to use Flash, need a little help with Movie Clip

CarlCampbell
01-27-2003, 07:40 PM
Hi all!

This is kind of embarrassing, I've only started using Flash and I can't seem to do something that seems like a very simple action. I've looked for a how to but no luck so far...

I have made this logo animation in PLASMA and exported it as a .SWF and now I have imported it into flash. When I import it, it appears as a layear with the equivalent number of frames to that of the animation. This all happens in a random location, and now I want to position this animation somewhere else, but when I select that layer and drag it, it only moves the current frame, and all the rest stay were they used to be. How do I place ALL the animation's frames somewhere else?
Many thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

Carl :beer:

De-Cypher
01-27-2003, 08:27 PM
At the bottom of the timeline there are four icons with a series of squares. The first one is basic onion skinning, the second is the same but without seeing the whole image just outlines. The tool you are looking for is the next one which "Edit Multiple Frames" button. Click that. You should see that the timeline has now shown you a grey area with some dots on both sides. Move the time like to first frame of the animation you want to select and then move the right hand dot to the full length of your particular animation. Then go back to the first frame and shift-select all the frames of the animation. The on the stage move your object around and all the frames will be updated.

Remeber to deselect the "Edit Multiple Frames" button when complete...

Hope this helps..

CarlCampbell
01-27-2003, 09:14 PM
Whoa! Amazing stuff! Although displaying all my frames drains a lot of RAM though... is there any way to just make it show the bounding box of each frame?
Thanks EVER so much, I'd been puzzling over this situation for hours!

Carl :beer:

De-Cypher
01-28-2003, 04:47 AM
yeah click the same "Edit Multiple Frames" and also select the onion skin with outlines button. This should do the trick... in any case you can do it in small groups of frame sets just jot down the x and y positions and input them through out... glad to help...

que parte de españa? Mís padres son cubanos... Mís bisa-abuelos son de Galicias...

(not sure if my written spanish is good any more... haha)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.