PDA

View Full Version : Hellraiser Puzzle box tutorial

paulselhi
09-02-2006, 11:40 PM
Chris over at 3dpalace gave me permission to redo his max tut for cinema 4d and include the textures

The vid is a bit big sorry 80+ Mb at over an hour long. It is really quite basic and will definately not impress those familiar with C4D !!

One error to note, i say at one point to extrud the top face up by 201 units, dont, extude them to 200 instead. You will know what i mean when you get to that part !!

Tut available from my site see the sig at the bottom

Primitiv
09-03-2006, 05:25 AM
Thanks for the tut man. I have been wanting to build that box for sometime but could not find images for mapping.

Primitiv
09-03-2006, 05:55 AM
Unfortunately, I am unable to play the tutrorial on OSX. Flip4Mac WMV (which I had to pay $14 for) and Windows Media Player 9 won't play it.

paulselhi
09-03-2006, 10:51 AM
Sorry can't help there plays OK on My PC WMP and it was just too big to put in any other format

Here is a quick run down on what you have to do

boole out the center with a cylinder and use another cylinder as the core ( you can cut out flaps for this)
knife the top of the box across all the sections spliting up the gold blocks
extrude every other top face generated
split the new object and delete the original polys
delete the necessary polys on the base part and polygon fill the gaps to make it solid
child the core cylinder to the moving part and animate the new mechanism rising up spinning and falling back into place

The new mechanism needs the textures cubic mapped for the sided, uvw is good for top and bottom

soccerrprp
09-03-2006, 11:02 AM
What format is it in? Perhaps I can help, what format is best for you Primitiv? If I can get paulsehli's permission, I can convert to some more universal format (qt?) and send it back to paulsehli. Just let me know if I can help.

paulselhi
09-03-2006, 01:41 PM
It is wmv..convert away to your pleasure

soccerrprp
09-04-2006, 05:16 AM
PHEW! It is a bear converting that thing...Here's the good news: I converted the video tut to QT. Here's the bad news: It's now over 250MB in size. I tried to maintain the original qualit. I've tried compressing it further, but get errors during compression. I can split up the tut and upload to to rapidshare or if Paulsehli thinks it's worth it, he can upload it onto his site in probably 4-parts of 65MB each. Sorry, guys, I thought I could do better but this is as good as it gets for now.

paulselhi
09-04-2006, 10:51 AM
Sorry i can't host that as my b/w is very high at present..to be honest the tut is not that amazing to warrant all this fuss !!! Thanks for your effort so far anyway

soccerrprp
09-05-2006, 11:37 AM
One thing that Mac users can try is this FREE media player called VLC player:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

It may do the job. It seems to have codecs for everything!

YankeesFanHB
09-05-2006, 06:41 PM
sorry, VLC isn't working for me at all with this vid. I'm still stuck in the mire here with all the other OS X users

paulselhi
09-05-2006, 09:05 PM
best bet then would be to go to 3dpalace and d/l the avi's i think they are in techsmith camtasia format

CGTalk Moderation
09-05-2006, 09:05 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.