PDA

View Full Version : Sexy Alien Cartoon Band

mcinerney
09-01-2006, 02:48 PM
This is an alien cartoon band music video I just finished. It parodies the blatant sexuality in music videos, so be careful where you view it. Its probably rated PG.

http://www.sonicboing.com (http://www.sonicboing.com/)

Its really a "one man band" since I did all the animation and the music. Let me know what you think :)

Thanks,
Shawn

MooseMouseMedia.com

mistasam02
09-01-2006, 07:48 PM
that was pretty cool man! reminded me very much of Tripping the Rift, like this would be a band on that show. :D cool stuff tho, not much else to say!

RVG
09-02-2006, 12:06 AM
that was cool!! you did everythin on your own includin the music?? damn thats impressive (for me at least). Your characters are really cool, and that i'd say is a very strong point.

however i find the clip sometimes a little bit linear....what i mean is that it feels like just an "editing job" at some points, and you can't fully appreciate variety on the animations. But I think this is somethin hard to notice and overall whether you change this or not, i really like it.

Hope i made myself clear..lol

Good stuff!!

mttjss
09-02-2006, 03:02 AM
mcinerney -

very nice - loved the humor in the animation.

think this is definitely a good piece. would love to see more :thumbsup:

Matt -

mcinerney
09-02-2006, 04:37 AM
Thanks guys! I forgot about Tripping the Rift. That one probably influenced me on a subconscious level.

RVG, I agree about the cuts. I used editiing to cut down on animation. I also reused alot of animation. And I have some pretty repetitive cut patterns. Hmmm.. that's good feedback. I will try to break it up on the next one.

I've also been messing with the music today. Some musicians on MySpace gave me some tips I am trying out.

Thanks,
Shawn

mstram
09-02-2006, 06:41 AM
This is an alien cartoon band music video I just finished. It parodies the blatant sexuality in music videos, so be careful where you view it. Its probably rated PG.

Hey Shawn, I love it !

I'm a (very) amateur musician and (very very) amateur animator :), and have started a couple of musical animations ... nothing near completed though ;)

Seems a prerequisite for the shades and hat for a musician doesn't it ? :)

Mike

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=2816518

mediaramas
09-02-2006, 04:02 PM
that was funny! specially when that pervert alien is looking at her shaking it

mcinerney
09-03-2006, 09:50 PM
Thanks! Mike, it looks like your guitar player and mine went to the same school of rock!

Shawn

Capn_Camo
09-03-2006, 10:44 PM
Man, that almost made me cry with laughter! The characters are well modelled and the movements are pretty smooth, plus your concept is clean and concise..... well.....maybe not squeaky clean hehe but you get my point. The only crit I can give is the lead singer's lip syncing... it just seemed a little too broad, almost as if he was barely moving his mouth at all. I know in the song he's singing under his breath but I still think it needs more articulation

Top notch! :D

CGTalk Moderation
09-03-2006, 10:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.