PDA

View Full Version : anybody worked on plasma

peter_abraham
01-27-2003, 08:41 AM
hi

i am trying to import a max file into plasma. now the problem is that it is not taking the biped motion. now tell me something. does plasma first of all take biped motion. please please let me know .

awaiting reply
peter

CarlCampbell
01-27-2003, 07:42 PM
Biped are a part of character studio, which isnt available in Plasma, so I guess thats why it wont work...

Carl :beer:

peter_abraham
01-28-2003, 04:01 AM
but hey i am really confused. actually i downloaded a trail version from the net. is it because of that or its a trial version. hey man , clear this off. or tell me something which can allow me to export max to shockwave 3D.

hey buddy sorry for the trouble....
peter

Matrix
01-28-2003, 02:55 PM
If your desire is to export from MAX to Shockwave 3D, Discreet already offers a free .W3D exporter. No need to work with Plasma (which does not support CS).

good luck!

peter_abraham
01-30-2003, 03:07 PM
hey listen

does shockwave 3D supports biped animation....

please let me know

peter

Matrix
01-30-2003, 03:11 PM
The MAX exporter will export Character Studio animation, although there are some restrictions. Similar to game engines, there are limitations on the number of links (use 2 links instead of n-links during initialization). There may be a couple other restrictions, but I believe they are documented with the exporter. In fact, I recall seeing a Character Studio exporting tutorial for .W3D somewhere (perhaps on Macromedia's site). When I get some more time, I'll search for it.

good luck!

peter_abraham
01-30-2003, 03:38 PM
hey buddy... thanks a lot for that.....
but i tried that. i had a animation of a man walking and this guys is walking on the ground. i got the ground exported.. but the man was not exported. this man had a stick in his hand which got exported with animation because it was a key frame animation. well what i get is a man just standing but the stick moving to and fro... help me out in this...

peter

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.