PDA

View Full Version : Exporting camera data into Vue

BoBoZoBo
09-01-2006, 06:04 AM
I dont have Vue xStream and need to composite as house modeled in Maya with a simple grass and terrain scene in VUE.

One frame

How do I export the camra data from Maya into Vue so the scenes match?
How do I import them into Maya?

Thanks in advance!!!

IvanB
09-01-2006, 09:03 AM
Use the vuesync plugin...there are tutorials on this with regards to lw, but I think it will give you an idea.
try this link..
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=387199

BoBoZoBo
09-02-2006, 04:51 PM
Thank YOU!

mathix
09-05-2006, 05:36 AM
And is it possible to work in opposite direction? I mean export animated camera data from Vue to Maya without using xStream?

IvanB
09-05-2006, 08:37 AM
Hey Mathix..
If you export the whole scene to your prefered app, you do get all the light and camera info...It works like that when I "Export Entire scene" to LW..I think its the same for all apps...Check out the video on exporting scene to LW....Create your scene, camera lights etc, "Export Entire Scene" to Maya..load it into Maya and you might have to play around with the scale..load an object into Maya as a reference to scale the scene...(Dont hold me to this, cos I dont know how Maya works), but it definatly works like that in LW.
You CAN'T export Ecosystems, Procudral Terrains and Infinite Plains (well..not to LW)

Ivan.

CGTalk Moderation
09-05-2006, 08:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.