PDA

View Full Version : Trestle-Product Video Tour now available.

Vizfizz
08-31-2006, 07:00 AM
Interested in purchasing Trestle for EIAS but you're not really certain what it can do for you? Join Brian Pohl during this 48 minute Product Video Tour as he takes a closer look at Trestle and its primary toolset. Additional examples are shown showing Trestle working in conjunction with Scrim, Dante and Pathfinder. Presented as a high quality 1024x562 pixel QT movie, viewers will have complete control over their viewing experience. Quality and readability are not sacrificed by reducing the resolution of the presentation down to video resolution. Running Length: 48 minutes. Format: 1024x562 / 15fps / Mpeg-4 / QT File Size: 225mb (Includes video QT and read me file in a single .zip file). This file is for DOWNLOAD only. Because of its file size, a cable modem or DSL is highly recommended to download this product. Best of all: IT'S FREE!

Simply register and download at your convience.
http://www.paralumino.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=20

Martin Kay
08-31-2006, 08:38 PM
It was a great presentation! The most expensive software is the software you don't know how to use. Now if all plugins came with a video of this quality things would be a lot easier to understand. Also we'd actually know what it was supposed to do....
One question. At the moment you are constructing polylines in various configurations and obviously at very high point density you are beginning to approach the quality of a true curve. Will you be able to convert the polylines to actual curves or is this too complicated. I was thinking of the pathfinder bit at the end of the presentation where an object on a path would probably want to travel along a curved path mostly and not have to turn sharp corners?

Martin K

Hiddenman.fr
08-31-2006, 08:42 PM
I strongly encourage all users to download this video. It shows the basic of Trestle, but you will discover how huge this tool can be for EIAS. This video approach is new to EIAS and is really great to well understand the way the plug-in is working and what you can & can't do with it. You can directly create infinite path or base geometries for using with other plug-ins : PlacerDeposit, Dante, Pathfinder and all the other Paralumino plugs : Scrim, Braider, ... It changes all your production pipeline to be able to directly model inside ElectricImage.

Vizfizz
08-31-2006, 09:01 PM
It was a great presentation! The most expensive software is the software you don't know how to use. Now if all plugins came with a video of this quality things would be a lot easier to understand. Also we'd actually know what it was supposed to do....
One question. At the moment you are constructing polylines in various configurations and obviously at very high point density you are beginning to approach the quality of a true curve. Will you be able to convert the polylines to actual curves or is this too complicated. I was thinking of the pathfinder bit at the end of the presentation where an object on a path would probably want to travel along a curved path mostly and not have to turn sharp corners?

Martin K

Well.. there's a couple of approaches here. First off.. there's the limitations of EI itself. EI doesn't support, internally, any kind of nurbs or b-spline capabilities as a "drawing tool". We can get around this a couple of different ways.

First off, if all you're needing is a method to produce a nicely curved path for Pathfinder, check out Path2Line, our freebie plugin that will allow you to convert a bezier motion path to a poly line object. The resolution of the curve can be increased to give you really, really smooth curves. I've used this method to generate a high resolution path for pathfinder to act on and then I've used deformers to modify the shape of the path on the fly. Works great! If you look in the WIP Lab, you'll find threads for Animated Motion Paths and The Tip of the Day: Storm. Each contain info on these approaches.

Meanwhile, our intent for Trestle v2 is to enhance its capabilities to include spline generation...but that isn't available at this time. (And v2 is still a long way off. Other projects are currently in progress) Voice your support here! The only current method in Trestle to increase the curves smoothness is to manually add more points. Not fun, I know. This is why Path2Line works better for things like that. However, if you want to keep the Control Point animation capabilities to animate the shape of the path on the fly.. you'll have to use Trestle. Don't worry...plenty is planned.

tjs61822
09-01-2006, 04:37 AM
Brian, just finished watching the Trestle Video Tour and found it very informative. Like the layout and how you incorporate the interaction with other plugins. Also the pointers to its many advantages and a few drawbacks. As Hiddenman.fr said, I encourage all users to download this video!

Tim

Vizfizz
09-05-2006, 09:41 PM
Thanks everyone for watching the Trestle product video tour. The number of downloads has been overwhelming. I'm very pleased. Stay tuned...Scrim is up next.

CGTalk Moderation
09-05-2006, 09:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.