PDA

View Full Version : compositing demo reel

Antonio79
08-31-2006, 12:51 AM
hello everybody! this is my demo reel: www.relight.net/reel.htm (http://www.relight.net/reel.htm) I would like to have some opinions... do you guys think this is enought to find a decent job? I feel like don't have many green screen exctractions (only 2), thanks. Antonio

uncon
08-31-2006, 04:29 PM
That's a great reel in my opinion, it shows a wide range of skills with a great eye to detail. I especially liked the rope removal shot, kinda funny. I don't know if you need more greenscreen, the two you have are good examples only add a third if it's a particularly nasty greenscreen with hair and transparent surfaces. If you have the ability I think adding more motion tracking shots would help the reel the most. Motion tracking is something that everyone wants to do, and very few can do it really well. Also I think you should remove the zoom into the head on the table, keep the shot just cut it before the zoom or remove the zoom, I think it looks way too much like a fake digital zoom. You are just panning around the frame. Other than that, good luck with the job search.

CGTalk Moderation
08-31-2006, 04:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.