PDA

View Full Version : Question: Sound Reactive Animation

BooRadLey
01-27-2003, 12:57 AM
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could point me to some resources on constructing a sound reactive flash animation. I'm not sure how it works but, An example would be a sphere that pulses when a low bass frequency happens, or something like that. Thanks for your help in advance.

BooRadLey

Ian Jones
01-27-2003, 05:38 AM
Wow, ok that's definitely a difficult subject. Audio visualization is kind of tricky and I'm not sure whether Flash has the scripting capabilites to read audio files based on their frequency ranges (which is what you use to trigger events, eg.. 0-150hz for bass). I could be wrong, but I haven't seen any tutorials or any examples where someone has done this.

You may just have to do it manually. I found a great app for helping to sync audio with motion. Here is the description from the website:

www.visionquestimages.com/wavtracker/index.htm

"This app is pretty self explanatory. Just select the region you're trying to sync with animation, set the frames per second and now you know exactly what and how many frames to key frame and how far. The Form stays on top so that you can use it like a toolbox over your Animation app and not worry about losing it."

This app is really easy to use and I wish I had found it earlier. It really is so damn useful!

Hope that helped.

BooRadLey
01-27-2003, 06:24 AM
Thanks very much for that link. It is quite a useful application. However, what I would really like is something that dynamically tests for the frequency (or some other property) and based on those results constructs an animation, so obviously lots of actionscript, but I can't find anything on sound reactive animation anywhere. and I have seen examples of it in Flash. A good example of what I am looking for is Winamps Oscilliscope. Thanks again for your reply, I'll d/l that app as it will be quite useful in other projects :D

BooRadLey

knebbes
01-27-2003, 01:53 PM
http://www.swift-tools.com/swift-mp3.html

BooRadLey
01-27-2003, 02:47 PM
Great! Thank you very much :D

BooRadLey

Annuostivix
11-30-2003, 10:22 AM
too bad you suck at flash! You ninny! Where are you these days? You telephoned me but otherwise I never see you on here. I was one tiem consider this same idea as you, since using action scripting to create animation sounds way cooler than actually animating something to a sound.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.