PDA

View Full Version : Another Thread in EIAS paradise...

Hiddenman.fr
08-30-2006, 02:34 PM
Here is the facts: I have never used the F-Curves in EIAS.
I always use the Velocity controls. But I WANT TO UNDERSTAND F-Curves to use them. So here is a little project to see my troubles and perhaps find a good star to help me understand.

http://guetapens.wip.free.fr/projects/fce.sit

You see two cubes (let keep the elements simple).
The red one is drived by Velocity Controls.
The orange one by F-Curve.

I have prepared an acceleration at the start of the rotation and the cubes are decelerated at the end. What I would like to obtain is the same acceleration/deceleration between the two cubes. Is it possible, cause I have tested it and don't seem to find the way, without more keyframes?

richardjoly
08-30-2006, 03:16 PM
Maybe you already did that and I don't know if this is up to date but there is a tutorial (# 15) on Ei web site:
http://eitechnologygroup.com/community/tutorials.html

plsyvjeucxfw
08-31-2006, 04:28 AM
The two curves are very, very similar.

For the Velocity curve, you've got an object at rest at the beginning, then it's rotational velocity increases, peaks, then decreases, and comes to rest again. There is no description of it's actual angular position on the velocity curve, only that it's turning faster, then slower.

The Function curve shows about the same information, but in a different way. The cube starts with a Y value of zero, then eases into a rotation, then eases out of it's rotation, and finally stops at 360 degrees. As it rotates, it's rate of change is Constant. Once past the ease in the slope stabilizes, and remains the same until the ease out.

In the Velocity curve, the RATE of change Increases to a peak value, then Decreases until it comes to a rest. It's changing throughout the animation, which gives it a slight offset from the other cube.

Nice example, by the way. One that shows two different ways of animating depending on the look you're after. (Now if EIAS would just let up pull on the Tangent handles to tighten up our curves!)

CGTalk Moderation
08-31-2006, 04:28 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.