PDA

View Full Version : adding clothing to a textured model

tryl
08-29-2006, 05:59 PM
I've looked around the forums here and at zbrush and I havent found anything thats answered my question just yet, If I missed it, I'm sorry

I have a human nude model I've created in maya, sculpted and then textured in zbrush

my problem is I'm not quite sure how to approch going about the clothing, i'd like to keep the nude base if possible

should I just take a low res version into maya cut it up into the clothing shapes I want then send it back to zbrush for details?
If I did it that way, is there a way to layer the clothing with the model within zbrush so that I can see what the clothes look like on her?

one last thing, I have never used zspheres and if possible I'd like to do this without having to learn them just for times sake, I know there are tutorials on zsphere clothing but I was hoping there was an alternative way to go about it.

Fudge
08-29-2006, 07:39 PM
"my problem is I'm not quite sure how to approch going about the clothing, i'd like to keep the nude base if possible "

Yes, you will be able to keep your base model.

"should I just take a low res version into maya cut it up into the clothing shapes I want then send it back to zbrush for details?"

This is one way to go about it, or you could use very light polygons and create a mesh in the shape of the clothing you want in maya and extrude the whole thing out to give it so thickness, up to you what method you use, depending on how complex the clothing is.

"If I did it that way, is there a way to layer the clothing with the model within zbrush so that I can see what the clothes look like on her?"

This is currently not possible in zbrush 2.0, but im preaty sure zbrush 2.5 will have layers, but you could add a marker to your model and add the cloths to scene to see how they look then clear the cloths and go from the marker.

"one last thing, I have never used zspheres and if possible I'd like to do this without having to learn them just for times sake, I know there are tutorials on zsphere clothing but I was hoping there was an alternative way to go about it."

Clothing is possible in zspheres, but it is also very much possible in maya, it really depends on what your most comfertable with, if you have a good knowlege of maya than i really cant see the advantages of using zspheres over maya. But then again if you arnt too good in maya i would recommend experiemnting with zspheres because they are a very powerful tool.

I hope this information is of some help to you.

Fudge.

(BTW i think this new reputation system is working, i wouldnt normally take the time to reply like this, although i would like to see improvments on the forums speed more than new gadgets)

CGTalk Moderation
08-29-2006, 07:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.