PDA

View Full Version : Character Model

JeeVz
08-29-2006, 03:55 PM
Hi

Ive been working on some character models recently (to build my portfolio up) and i had set my self a target to build a character under 1000 tris as i have heard character models are under this amount on the psp. I would appreciate some feedback on my model and any useful comments would be gr8. I used approx 500 on the face and the rest on the body. I also used 3 128 diffuse texture sheets. i will eventually rig the charcter to c if it will be able to move ok.

TychoCelchuuu
08-29-2006, 04:19 PM
I don't like the texture so much, especially the pants; it makes his legs look blocky because of the big color differences between the front/back and the sides. I'd make the pants more of a uniform color.

glynnsmith
08-29-2006, 07:52 PM
You'd probably do well to use your spare 16 tris putting another loop on his arms so they bend ok at the elbow. You could also move the loop you have in the middle of his thigh down for better knee deformation.

Like TychoCelchuuu said, try to gradient the worn bit of the front of his jeans with the side bits. It looks like a bit of a lighting issue, otherwise.

I like it. Well done :)

JeeVz
08-29-2006, 09:10 PM
Cheers 4 the crits yea i do see what you mean with the jeans i modelled my uni teacher a while ago and the jeans were sort of like that but it looked ok o well i wil sort that out .... im going to try and model a character using 600 tris which might b a bit of a challenge but il hopefully post that up when i get started on it

CGTalk Moderation
08-29-2006, 09:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.